cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Contact BT Faults for Full Fibre To The Home Dead As A Dodo

Go to solution

How do I contact broadband technical support for fibre to the home suddenly dead and no connection?
I didnt expect this to happen.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Contact BT Faults for Full Fibre To The Home Dead As A Dodo

Go to solution

@Muddles20 

Fibre connections can go faulty as well as copper ones, especially if a fibre cable gets cut.

What lights are showing on the Openreach ONT?

Have you checked the BT service status to see if there is a major fault?

https://my.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/tracking.do?pageId=31

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply, but yes I did check that out but that doesn't cover fibre to the home for some reason, or I couldn't find it. 

Eventually I found my BT full fibre card, didnt think I'd ever need to use it. So I phoned faults. They ran through some tests. Was only installed in February/March 2020, they said its really unusual for the hub to be faulty as it's expected to last up to 15yrs if its the hub. So sending an engineer out tomorrow morning. Everything in this house is run on wifi so having to use my EE data, thank goodness I didn't cancel or downgrade that when full fibre was installed, it's as fast as my BT Fibre 150mbps as I get double 4G where I am. 

Also discovered that when I signed up for fibre to the home, Halo wasn't available then and no-one knew what it was anyway so I didn't go for it. So got no 4G backup being sent out. I didn't realise you don't get that with Fibre 100. I didn't realise that calls wouldn't be included either, so use my EE mobile for outgoing calls and just use the bt landline for incoming calls, and as for the £100 if the service is ever slower than expected or not working that doesn't seem to apply to me either only with Halo 2. 

The reason I went for full fibre was the reliability, which now turns out to be no better than normal broadband. I'm not really a happy bunny at the moment. Given wrong information at the start and now nothing works due to the faulty smart hub. 

The tech guy was very pleasant and helpful though so that's something. Don't think I'll be renewing the contract when it's up in 2022 though. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

No lights on the ONT. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@Muddles20 wrote:

No lights on the ONT. 

Then you have lost the power to it.

Check there is power to the socket, and its turned on, and the power unit is still plugged into the Openreach ONT.

Its possible that the power unit has failed.

Check all of these, just in case something has been disturbed at your end, as you do not want to be charged if its your own fault.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

The Openreach engineer came and discoverred it was the white power pack that goes to the ONT box. He said they seem to have had a bad batch in this area when mine was installed as several have failed. So just had to replace that thankfully. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Nice and simple 😀

0 Ratings