cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Contacting FTTP Connections Team

Go to solution

Hi, I'm going round the houses trying to contact BT's FTTP Connections Team. I keep being given the number 0800 587 4787, but whenever I try that I get through to the exact automated system that the general 0800 800 150 number goes through to, and I just (eventually) end up speaking to someone who says I need to speak to the FTTP Connections Team on 0800 587 4787....

Is there a different number now for the FTTP Team, or some combination of numbers I need to press to get through to them from the general CS options?

I'm just wanting to see if my FTTP install date can be brought forward - I ordered yesterday after the FTTP option finally went live for me, but the dates they've given me for installation/equipment/go live are 4-5 weeks out.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Contacting FTTP Connections Team

Go to solution

the 08005874787 is the correct number for FTTP Team.  If the number is busy it automatically redirects to CS 150 so you just have to hang up and try later.  due to yesterday's strike by BT and openreach the line will be very busy today.  They are also on strike on Monday.  The day you were given is the first available openreach date for install in your area

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for the quick answer. If my install is KCI2 Assure, does that mean there's likely to be an earlier visit by OR to check the duct run from the CBT to my house, and if that's clear they would likely bring the other dates forward? I'm just guessing (hoping?) for KCI2 Assure installations they build in a margin of a few days or more to allow for any minor additional pre-works to clear blocked ducts, undertake minor civils etc.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

If you've been given a date there's no earlier visit, if a survey was required you wouldn't have been given a date & would receive one after survey was completed

Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

More often than not , on the BT wholesale checker site,  there is mention of the method of provision , similar to this ( example for a new build with working FTTP )

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG Feed with no anticipated issues.

A property fed with underground duct , but where the it’s thought the duct could be a problem ( identified at survey visually) then this statement could say ‘congested duct’  or words to that effect , in place of ‘no anticipated issues’.

Checking  the entry for the address is question will help in determining if a preparatory stage is necessary, before the actual installation.

For some reason it’s not letting me post a link to the wholesale checker , search BT wholesale checker if necessary 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks - mine is UG Congested Duct which I assume is why the install process is KCI2 Assure. However, I had a nosey in the 'pit' (on my property) when they installed the CBT and there was no visible indication that the 5m duct run to my house was in any way blocked. Does this mean openreach have physically tried it and found it to be blocked at some point, or just that they think there's a possibility of it being blocked so they play it safe with their planning?

I realise nothing I say to BT is likely to make any difference to how OR approach my installation, but it's just frustrating having to wait another month. It's not just impatience on my behalf; I often work with video footage which means I'm having to spend several hundred £ travelling to the office every couple of weeks as doing it remotely with my ever-slowing 20Mbps fttc connection just isn't viable.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

It is simply playing it safe , normally a duct is brought up against the external wall , covered by plastic capping /covers …if these are missing , or the area has been altered ( like there is now block paving covering the duct mouth ) it’s prudent to have a 2 stage install , to verify the duct is serviceable, rather than turn up , fail on the day , disappointing the customer , and starting the compensation clock …better to prove a cable can be introduced before any contractual date is given.
You may not have seen it , but an Openreach surveyor will have visited the area and individually assessed each property, not to the extent of pushing rods up ducts , a quick visual check , your property had some indication that a 2 stage install was sensible, next door may not have the same potential issue and is classed as ‘ no anticipated issues’ and a single stage install, it can and does vary even between immediate neighbours.

You may find the current dates given are worst case scenario, and that the team to verify the duct turn up quickly and assuming the duct is OK , the installation date brought forward, the initial date is incase the duct is blocked and ‘civils’  works needed .

Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
I struck lucky - after days of trying the FTTP number but just getting redirected to the CS 150 number, I tried just pressing '1' for 'phone and broadband' - and after 20 minutes on hold someone answered with "Hello, Fibre Connections Team".

Might be worth a go for anyone else trying to get through to the fttp team but just getting bounced to the general CS menu.
0 Ratings