Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
WannabeMKII
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Correct sync speed?

I've noticed that my connection speed has been slowing over a few months, as previously, I would get speed tests consistently in the mid 70's, now I don't even get about 70. I even remember when it was installed, the engineer reported that I was syncing as fast as option 2 would allow.

So, I ran a few tests, which showed the following;

availability.PNG

It appears I 'should' be getting more? Has something happened to my line or profile?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Correct sync speed?

Are you using modem/router or the newer hh5?  If hh5 can you post stats from troubleshooting then helpdesk. If using modem then all stats are stored in modem and unless unlocked not accessible 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

I suspect your speed has reduced over time due to crosstalk effects as other customers have come on stream. It is quite possible to lose 25% -30% of speed due to crosstalk.

0 Ratings
WannabeMKII
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

I'm now using a DrayTek 2860, but was seeing the exact same speeds using the Openreach Modem.

Here's the line stats;

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Stats look ok with conenction speed slightly higher than attainable. I think as licquorice said it is more people on your cabinet and a reduction  due to crosstalk

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings