Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DuncanV
Message 1 of 3

Could place an order but request got delayed and finally not available anymore

Go to solution

Hi there,

Just moved from city centre to outskirt. I was used to having Virgin Media fibre ~165Mbps.

Before moving in you could see that I could get access to the Superfast Fibre at ~80 Mbps speed. Therefore, 
I placed an order with Origin Broadband. They reached out to BT and my request got delayed.

The reason is
the BT open reach cabinet my home is connected to is full and there is no plan to roll out any improvements unfortunately. The alternative Origin Broadband could offer me in exchange was the standard copper broadband alternative which would give me up to 17Mbps.

How is this possible ? How come on several websites it is said I can get the Superfast Fibre, but not when I go to everyone's website ? How come it was available for me to put an order then all of a sudden not anymore ?

I work mostly from home, as a Web Developer, and this is more than annoying...

I wonder if someone has ever experienced a similar experience...

Thanks,
DuncanV

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Could place an order but request got delayed and finally not available anymore

Go to solution

It is just openreach not BT openreach and the problem with your cabinet is nothing to do with our ISP BT retail.  If the cabinet is full then you need to wait until openreach add additional access or a connection becomes available when someone leaves.  there is nothing that can be done from this customer help customer community forum

you may get more luck if as a web designer and using for business purposes you elected for a business connection instead of a residential connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
DuncanV
Message 3 of 3

Re: Could place an order but request got delayed and finally not available anymore

Go to solution
Many thanks for the explanation and advice.
0 Ratings