cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smurftech
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Coupe of questions RE: infinity 2 & infinity fault.

Go to solution

Hi Folks,

I've got an ongoing infinity fault since monday evening, scheduled to be fixed tonight at 5pm, 3 days later, this is what I expected, just wondering if there's any way of getting a better update from here, my 3 teenage kids really don't want me to tell them it's not working again tonight!  Unbelievable what a few days of no internet does nowadays....

So the fault is: no DSL light on original openreach vdsl modem, tested on a different modem/router - same result no DSL light at all.  Tested all my internal wiring which is fine.  No faults in the area according to online checker....just me!

Is this a Bug? - After I login to my BT, fault tracking, click broadband "troublshoot" button I get "You've already reported a fault", few details that it's ongoing, etc, then I click "Track this fault" and it opens a new window showing the previous screen Fault Tracking & Repair with the click broadband "troubleshoot" button - basically goes round in a circle.

If I choose track another number option, I can put my phone number in, my BT account number and I get more fault information with expected resolution of today 5pm etc.  Tried this in IE11 and firefox, seems like a bug to me?

I'm seeing the image that says the fault is number 1 - with BT retail servers....3 days seems a bit long to fix a simple BT server issue, I hope i'm worrying about nothing though as I don't want a call/email/text late tonight saying an engineer call is required after all...

Also, and this may be a bad decision by me, I decided to upgrade to Infinity 2 as it was a good offer and I can squeeze slightly more speed out of my connection, this was on Tuesday while my infinity fault was in it's first 24 hours! I really hope upgrading whilst having an ongoing network fault will not cause even more issues.

I also phoned up to confirm i'd get the new HH6 with this upgrade which the (scottish) guy on the phone said yes to as when I placed the order online there was no mention of an included HH6 for the upgrade...

Well, this turned into a wall of text....to summarise:

1. Any chance my inifinty fault will be working by 5pm today as expected?

2. Will upgrading to inifinty 2 during an infinity 1 fault cause any problems?

3. Will I get a HH6 as part of the upgrade to infinity 2?

Cheers

David M.

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: Coupe of questions RE: infinity 2 & infinity fault.

Go to solution

Your current set up is better than an HH6.

Upgrading shouldn't cause additional problems.

Wait and see, my crystal ball is out of service ATM.Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
smurftech
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

@pippincp wrote:

Your current set up is better than an HH6.

This may not be true, my openreach vdsl modem is pretty spot on, never had an issue with it, however, I chose badly for my 2 most recent routers, a Trendnet AC wi-fi model and a Huawei AC wi-fi model, both pretty flaky with far too many wi-fi drops.

Since looking through this forum I am getting worried the HH6 may have similar problems...

My suddenly new third option may be something from the Netgear Nighthawk range or Asus RT-AC86U or similar.

0 Ratings
smurftech
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

Just to add, my inifinty 2 upgrade was scheduled to finish last night 30th November, still no DSL showing on openreach modem though when I checked this morning.

0 Ratings
smurftech
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

I've tracked my infinity 2 upgrade order and it's gone through as finished, no sign or mention of a new HH6...?

Still no DSL light though...

0 Ratings
smurftech
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution
Still no dsl light, no internet, my teenage aspergers son waited until exactly 5pm (the fault will be fixed by time according to bt since monday) and then had a meltdown.
Its taken me 20 mins to find a 3G signal at home as mobile network signals are terrible where I live.
What's the chances of this being fixed throughout tonight? Is there any work going on after 5pm?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution
the network is worked on 24/7
0 Ratings
smurftech
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution
I will continue to hope its fixed tonight ... 3 teenagers goung out of their minds here... They could cope with having no gas and no central heating better than having no internet...
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution
If there's no sync it will require an Engineer visit to go to the PCP. That won't happen tonight because of what Openreach call, 'Winter Working'.
0 Ratings
smurftech
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

Sooooo, still no DSL light/sync this morning, possible engineer visit needed at the exchange or local street box? 

Track my fault still says Repair Date Thu 1st Dec 17:00.

So far not a great service experience....

0 Ratings