cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 11 of 19

Re: Coupe of questions RE: infinity 2 & infinity fault.

Go to solution

Hi @smurftech and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry it's taking so long to get this sorted. The queckest way to get an update would be through our online broadband faults chat team so can you give them a go and let me know how you get on?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
smurftech
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 19

Go to solution

Engineer booked for tomorrow 8am to 1pm (a saturday.... I know right)!

Advisor was very friendly and I was very polite of course!

If only i'd used that chat yesterday it would save 1 more day of the teenagers from hell...!

Thanks DavidM....hey that's my name!

0 Ratings
smurftech
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

Well, fingers crossed that part of my problem will be solved at some point tomorrow...

Another issue is the Infinity 2 upgrade I took out online on Tuesday which was completed by Wednesday midnight. The main reason I did this was to get the Super Hub HH6.  No sign of this being sent or any information that I will be getting one, even though I rang first to confirm...

What are my cancellation rights on this and is it worth asking the chat support if a HH6 is on it's way?

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution

I wouldn'r rush into getting an HH6 there's loads of problems being reported. Just use the search facility on the forum to see the reports.

A netgear or Asus you mentioned earlier is the best way to go.

0 Ratings
smurftech
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

Hmmmm, seems like i'd be better cancelling the upgrade to infinity 2.  How best to go about doing this?

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution
The Home Hub 6 is absolute **bleep**e. Only good for two things, wedging open a door and throwing at someone whose **bleep** you off!
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution

If the only reason for upgrade was to get an HH6 then I expect you have no right of cancellation, it was your call.

That said wait until the engineer has resolved your problem and if your line cannot get the speed then you have a case.

0 Ratings
smurftech
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

Update:

Got Openreach engineer 8.30am saturday morning, top bloke, really knew his stuff.  Checked all equipment at my premises then at local cabinet, he found some major wiring issues in cabinet, he said my wiring on the copper side was actually totally missing, nothing there at all when he traced it using the beeper/flasher he left plugged in on my line...he thought i'd never had inifinty before but it's been in years and 18 months since I switched back to BT inifinty....he said it was the strangest wiring situation he'd seen in a while.

Took a couple of hours but he got it all working again and inifinity 2 upgrade worked, was getting around 35/5 before, now getting 55/10 which he said was 99% of what I can expect at my range.

Anyway, all working again and engineer was very helpful, asked him loadsa questions about g.fast, fttp, local cabinet workings, exchange equipment, etc he really knew his stuff.  (I work in IT and work with cisco routers & switches so I was interested in the networking side of it).

Gonna stick with infinity 2 and look at other router options, thanks to all that helped out on here.

Cheeeeeeers!

Dave

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution

Great result @smurftech. Thanks for letting us know.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings