cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikeinstudley
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Crackling home phone and 150 customer services hang up from automated message

I switched to BT last week, and since then have had a crackley phone line.  I tried to call 150 to report it.  The automated message told me to hang up and test the line before ringing me back.  When they did I pressed 1 to hear the result of the line test, was told there wasn't a problem, was threatened with a £125 engineer visit, and without any options was hung up on.

Does anyone know how to speak to a person?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Mustafa_Islam
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Crackling home phone and 150 customer services hang up from automated message

Before you report anything make sure your cables are plugged in properly and you are using a filter for any phones you have connected. Also try using the test socket, in the master socket, with a filter to rule out any issues with the face plate.

Call 17070 and select option 2, quiet line test. Best done with a corded phone but with cordless there may be a slight hum. If you hear crackling from that then go to BT website and report a phone line problem. Not broadband.
Or start an online livechat to the kind people over at customer service and explain your situation, youll be surprised at how helpful some of them can be.
Message 3 of 4

Re: Crackling home phone and 150 customer services hang up from automated message

@mikeinstudleywrote:

I switched to BT last week, and since then have had a crackley phone line.  I tried to call 150 to report it.  The automated message told me to hang up and test the line before ringing me back.  When they did I pressed 1 to hear the result of the line test, was told there wasn't a problem, was threatened with a £125 engineer visit, and without any options was hung up on.

Does anyone know how to speak to a person?

@mikeinstudley

Just for verification, this is what you need to look for when testing your landline.  Usually on the main socket coming into your property. 

OR_Test_Socket.jpg

Hope this helps. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
pippincp
Sage
Message 4 of 4

Report the line noise fault on 151.

0 Ratings