cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Croydon/sutton area broadband problems-what the hell is going on?

I live in the Sutton/Croydon area. Yesterday we had a 5 hour outage,today another 5 hour outage.

Phoned 0800 800151 to report this issue and ended up with a recorded message saying they had a broadbroad issues in my area and allow 45 hours to fix.

To be honest I am finding this service to be more unreliable as time goes on and the massive outages over the last few days have had a serious impact on the work I am trying to do.

I would like to know-

How many others are affected?

What is the cause of these problems?

What are BT doing to make sure this does not happen again?

How do I get a refund for the lack of service? A month or so we lost our fiber broadband for FOUR DAYS:BT should at least refund us for this.

I can understand why problems crop up from time to time but the lack of information as to the cause of these

events is not helping..

Cheers,

Ian

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Croydon/sutton area broadband problems-what the hell is going on?

try going to help at top of page and then check service in my area  there are numerous areas with problems after the severe weather yesterday.  this will apply to all customer regardless of ISP if they are using the openreach connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the reply.

Obviously it is hard to look at a link without broadband: the wifi hub I have been given as an alternative failed to access the internet so whatever is going on is fairly dire. Anyway we now have some access at 17:45 having.again, no broadband ***all day***. Looking at this link reveals the followiing message

Problem

Reported Fri 31/07/2020 at 12:15 AM

Expected completion Fri 14/08/2020 at 06:00 AM

That is 14 days to fix an problem. I work in IT-if the systems I look after did not work for 14days I would be out of a Job...

No information as to what the hell the problem is,where the problem is,what is being done to fix it...Very very very poor customer relations: I am begining to regret my choice-does Virgin use the same infastructure as BT?

Bet the same thing happens next month,so watch this space...

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Virgin uses a differ delivery system to Openreach but checking you will see many virgin customers also had outage due to the severe weather so it happens to everyone

i doubt when you solve your IT problems you may have to work in the exchange that is flooded or did up the road to fix a connection problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings