cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tombraham
Message 1 of 14

Customer Service - Fibre Broadband - New Home experience

Never written in a forum before but thought it might be interesting for a few people to read my current situation and experience of dealing with BT.

I moved into a brand new property on September 29th 2017. The house had already been wired up, and we had an open reach 'box' under our stairs. When we eventually had moved in and got sorted we contacted BT and ordered an internet package, they sent us a hub and told us that if we plugged it in we would go live within the next few days.

We never went live and after a few days rang BT - they told us they didn't know what had gone wrong but there was obviously something technical wrong. We agreed to book in for an engineer to come out (a few weeks later) and my wife had they day off work (at around £100 a day). The engineer never arrived, and after numerous phone calls we found out that the booking had never been logged and that nobody was going to come.

We then re-booked an engineer following the advice of BT, this was all done having to chase people (I dont think we have ever actually had a call back) - and someone eventually came at the end of November (now 2 months in). They said that the problem was nothing to do with the inside of the house but that the problem was at the main box for the estate. The other new houses on our estate had the internet, but ours did not work. The engineer said he would report back to HQ and that someone would be in touch to get yet another engineer out to fix the outisde problem.

Mid-December we rang as we hadn't heard anything, only to then find out that the engineer had never reported the problem. BT actually still have to this day on their system that we have no problems and that we can go live! We were promised a call back and that someone would be in touch with us. Nobody ever called.

We eventually got in contact with BT in mid-January. They told us that nobody had been out to fix the external problem, but that they hoped it would be done by the 8th of Feb. My wife booked yet another day off (now the 3rd day, at £120 a day) however yet again, nobody turned up.

I have now been in contact with Bt and was eventually given a case manager, this was 2 weeks ago and they have never been in contact. I have even rang twice to make sure they have the right number, and given them numerous calls!

SO... still no internet or phone line at my house. Absolutely disgraceful customer service and unbelievably poor systems and processes - leading to a very expensive, unneccessary and difficult situation for me and my wife. Not to mention the amount of time we have spent on hold for the last almost 5 months - and the very large mobile phone bills from using them as hotspots!

If anyone has experienced anything like this, or knows a way I can speak to someone and actually get someone to talk some sense to me. PLEASE let me know.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
tombraham
Message 2 of 14

Re: How long to fix phone/broadband fault

Never written in a forum before but thought it might be interesting for a few people to read my current situation and experience of dealing with BT. I moved into a brand new property on September 29th 2017. The house had already been wired up, and we had an open reach 'box' under our stairs. When we eventually had moved in and got sorted we contacted BT and ordered an internet package, they sent us a hub and told us that if we plugged it in we would go live within the next few days. We never went live and after a few days rang BT - they told us they didn't know what had gone wrong but there was obviously something technical wrong. We agreed to book in for an engineer to come out (a few weeks later) and my wife had they day off work (at around £100 a day). The engineer never arrived, and after numerous phone calls we found out that the booking had never been logged and that nobody was going to come. We then re-booked an engineer following the advice of BT, this was all done having to chase people (I dont think we have ever actually had a call back) - and someone eventually came at the end of November (now 2 months in). They said that the problem was nothing to do with the inside of the house but that the problem was at the main box for the estate. The other new houses on our estate had the internet, but ours did not work. The engineer said he would report back to HQ and that someone would be in touch to get yet another engineer out to fix the outisde problem. Mid-December we rang as we hadn't heard anything, only to then find out that the engineer had never reported the problem. BT actually still have to this day on their system that we have no problems and that we can go live! We were promised a call back and that someone would be in touch with us. Nobody ever called. We eventually got in contact with BT in mid-January. They told us that nobody had been out to fix the external problem, but that they hoped it would be done by the 8th of Feb. My wife booked yet another day off (now the 3rd day, at £120 a day) however yet again, nobody turned up. I have now been in contact with Bt and was eventually given a case manager, this was 2 weeks ago and they have never been in contact. I have even rang twice to make sure they have the right number, and given them numerous calls! SO... still no internet or phone line at my house. Absolutely disgraceful customer service and unbelievably poor systems and processes - leading to a very expensive, unneccessary and difficult situation for me and my wife. Not to mention the amount of time we have spent on hold for the last almost 5 months - and the very large mobile phone bills from using them as hotspots! If anyone has experienced anything like this, or knows a way I can speak to someone and actually get someone to talk some sense to me. PLEASE let me know.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 14

Please don't double post on different threads.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 14

Re: Customer Service - Fibre Broadband - New Home experience

Does the box under the stairs look like this?FTTP ONT.jpg

0 Ratings
tombraham
Message 5 of 14

Yes - we have had different lights flashing or going on and off.

In fact on the right hand box I think we had the green and then the middle one flashed orange? Not currently there and can't remember.

Also - sorry for double posting whoever said that before. It did it but I don't know how to delete it.

0 Ratings
tombraham
Message 6 of 14

Sorry.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 14

These FTTP installations are dealt with by a special team on 0800 587 4787.

Are they the people you have been talking to?

If the LOS light lit? What is the PON light doing?

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 8 of 14

OK don't worry.

If you have both boxes as shown then you should have an FTTP connection and normal sales etc are not the ones to contact.

Ring the dedicated FTTP team on 0800 587 4787. They are best placed to get you sortedout.

0 Ratings
tombraham
Message 9 of 14

Trying them now!!

Thanks!

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 10 of 14

Let us know how you get on.