cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Customer Service

Hello

Is there a telephone number for contacting customer services which gets answered?
We have now had no internet access for 3 weeks and there is no answer to any phone number I have found on the BT website. I have just been on hold indefinitely. 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Customer Service

the standard CS number is 150 or 0800800150 from mobile

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

yes. That number seems to just ring out on hold indefinitely (I have been trying to get through for the last 3 hours). The online complaints form does not work and the online chat box says there are no advisers. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

@tomseear wrote:

yes. That number seems to just ring out on hold indefinitely (I have been trying to get through for the last 3 hours). The online complaints form does not work and the online chat box says there are no advisers. 

Is your phone line working?

If that is not working, then its unlikely that broadband will work, so it would be the phone line fault you need to report.

When did you first report the fault, as its been faulty for that long?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

The fault in question is with fibre.
I'm trying to call on a mobile. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Fault was first reported on the 1st October.

A couple of engineers have come out but said they weren't qualified to fix the issue and left. 

We are now into our 3rd week of having no internet connection with no update on when the issue will be fixed. On the few occasions your customer services number gets answered I just get passed around to different departments with no resolution.

We have a minihub which is not fit for purpose. I have now lost my work contract as a result of this and there is only so much longer my partners employer will be sympathetic.

There appears to be zero work going into fixing this fault and we have just been left with no connection for the foreseeable during a pandemic where everybody is expected to work remotely.

Do I need to change provider to get our connection back? Is there a way of complaining to someone higher up the management structure to get something done?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

If its taking that long, then Openreach must have an external fault which is taking longer than usual to fix. You should be able to get an update on the fault by logging into MyBT and tracking it.

Openreach provide the network for most other providers, so changing provider would not help, and you may lose your fibre connection if the cabinet is full.

I assume this is a normal copper fibre connection (FTTC), and not a direct fibre into the house (FTTP)?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Hi @tomseear,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry you've been left without a Broadband connection. I'd like to take a look at what is happening with the fault. Please could you send me your details?

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings