cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 1 of 11

Customer Services to come back to UK

Bt have promised to bring back customer services to the UK - 80% calls to be answered in UK by end of 2016

http://home.bt.com/news/bt-life/bt-promises-to-bring-back-customer-service-to-uk-contact-centres-113...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
10 REPLIES 10
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Customer Services to come back to UK

Took them a long time to realise the obvious.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 11

But 90% of customers will find they are in the 20% all of the time. 🙂
Only joking ..... I hope!

At last BT have come to their senses. Customer support (ordering, billing, technical, etc) is important when it comes to customers forming long term opinions of companies.

Will it actually encourage Openreach to turn up to appointments though? That's the other all too common theme on these forums.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 11

Will they also address the fact that every time you talk to BT or get transferred to another dept. you have to go through your whole story from scratch again? That's a ridiculous and inefficient way to run the support system, and drives people up the wall.
Dode
Expert
Message 5 of 11

'Theoretically' it shouldn't matter whether Customer Services is next door or on the next continent, provided they know what they're doing! So will they?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

I think the biggest barrier and what most complain of is the language barrier.  one could say that will happen in uk as well depending on where the uk call centres are locatedSmiley Wink

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Dode
Expert
Message 7 of 11

Aye, fit like min?

0 Ratings
Craig_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 11

Sounds promising.

The last 3 times I've phoned customer services, twice connected to India and once to someone in the UK.

Everyone was polite as usual, but on one of the Indian connections I had to put the phone down, as the rep simply didn't have a clue with what I was ringing about. Most of the time they think turning the router off and back on again will correct all faults... pity it isn't that simple.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Thank god! That's why I had to learn so much about diagnosing my own internal wiring before ringing India! At least many people won't have to worry about this so much now!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

I suppose we will now get complaints of we cannot understand regional accents and we still have to restart our hub
0 Ratings