Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaximusPrime
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 29

Re: Customer service shocking

@Marc29uk,

the old "send an engineer to the exchange" story lol.

I ate that about 4 times in a row but then I told them I didn't believe that was true.

I got a new router Billion 8800NL, hooked up DSL Stats & then My DSL Web Stats to monitor the connection.

Got an Engineer around who had been here before, explained the situation using DSL Stats that the line from the pole into my house was 34 years old & asked him to replace it, thankfully he did.

I've went from 4.7Mb to 10.3Mb in 10 months, hopefully the problems will soon be gone. My advice it to keep investigating, learning, studying & getting Engineers out

0 Ratings
Marc29uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 29

Well I've tried ringing numerous times. And got no joy. We had it worse last year when I tried to get a business line put in. 7 engineer visits and hours on the phone from oct 22nd (date I was first promised. Finally fitted December the 24th in the afternoon! At an hours notice. Still wasn't what I asked for. Finally corrected in February. I did get quite a bit of compensation from BT though. But I'm not prepared to go though it again. I only stayed last time because the hub 5 was ment to have been so good. If they don't fix it and send me a new router I will be going elsewhere. Loss to BT my home bill was £87 this month. My business one will also be moved which is a lot more each month. And this may only be a customer to customer forum, but if they don't pick this up and do something about I will be gone as I'm not ringing anymore. Takes an hour each time you ring
0 Ratings
Marc29uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 29

Oh the only reason the business one got resolved in the end was because we went to ofcom to complain.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 29

I have asked a forum moderator to help you they will post their contact link here tomorrow morning
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 29

Ofcom won't listen or intervene with individual customer complaints. They are a regulator, not an ombudsman.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 29

Hi @Marc29uk,

Thanks for getting in touch. We'll be able to get this looked into for you but it will take a few working days for us to pick it up. You can get in touch with us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods.

If you need to speak with someone sooner, you can use our live chat service on the link below:

Problem with Broadband or BT Infinity

Thank you

DanielS

0 Ratings
Marc29uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 29

11 days ago you posted this message. But I have heard nothing !!!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 29

Did you use the link to contact the mods?

0 Ratings
Marc29uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 29

No it was a mod that picked it up and said thank you for getting in touch. We'll be able to get this looked into for you. But still nothing. The sky broadband package is starting to look good though.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 29

@Marc29uk wrote:
No it was a mod that picked it up and said thank you for getting in touch. We'll be able to get this looked into for you. But still nothing. The sky broadband package is starting to look good though.

But only if you contact them using the 'Contact the mods' link that would have been made visible to you.

0 Ratings