cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jayjay
Contributor
Message 1 of 21

DATE SET FOR APRIL 28TH OF REMOVAL OF FAIR USE POLICY

So i just called bt and spoke to a bt infinity team who has confirmed removal of fair use policy will take place on The April 2011????? Asked him where he got hes info he tells me its on there internal system  why another full month i don't no so people watch them accounts a further month as you will still be capped if you go over the 300gig

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
jayjay
Contributor
Message 2 of 21

Re: DATE SET FOR APRIL 28TH OF REMOVAL OF FAIR USE POLICY

28TH APRIL Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
jweb2k
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 21

Seriously, what are you doing with ~10gig a day, each day, every day.  Unless you download the Linux nightlies and are a contributor to open source I can't fathom how you'd hit 300g month on month?!

0 Ratings
Ripsta
Contributor
Message 4 of 21

300gb a month is a tiny amount for some people - personally i have hit 340gb in 2 weeks , but thats what i am paying for - a fast connection to do with what i please , and now the FUP is being scrapped then it seems i will be able to have what i signed up for , and i take it there will be alot more happy users when the FUP is removed . Well done BT , you have finally woken up and took notice of what infinity users are sayin , just a shame it took you so long to get your heads out of the sand. And just to add , in a recent phonecall to BT they claim " all isp's " impose FUP and speed restrictions during peak times , but that is utter rubbish , to the best of my knowlage , it is ONLY BT that do it , and BT also claim OFCOM force them to impose these restrictions , again , highly doubtful - lets see what happens by the end of april shall we ......

0 Ratings
1TonyCurrie
Contributor
Message 5 of 21

Ripsta,

Are you backing up the entire internet!

0 Ratings
jayjay
Contributor
Message 6 of 21

300 GIG  is nothing in this day and age with a big family ps3 hd movies downloads etc im a heavey user and im paying for unlimited and unlimited it should be bring it on bt about time you see sense

0 Ratings
Ripsta
Contributor
Message 7 of 21

**bleep** yea lol

0 Ratings
Paul1360
Expert
Message 8 of 21

Just did a check and in the last year the most useage I've used in 1 month is this current month which is 49GB up/down to date, Thats due to using sky player watching Cricket otherwise it's around 20/30GB. This may go up when I've got infinity installed but to get to 300GB ( I know it's going ) I can't see me getting there. I have a PC and laptop that I use all the time, so will wait and see.

iechyd da

0 Ratings
Andydigital
Contributor
Message 9 of 21

Do you really think BT would have removed the cap if only 1% of their customers were getting close to that limit, come on folks have a little common sense, its clear that the percentage is a lot higher. 10 gig a day is nothing, I can download a couple of hundred gig a month from Steam alone, never mind anything else. Each HD video I watch from You-tube is about 150 Mb, most games for download are about 10 Gig each, I-player HD programs take up a fair few gigs too, it soon mounts up.
Cheers, Andy.
0 Ratings
supersharpshooter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 21

all isp's " impose FUP and speed restrictions during peak times

roflol thats the biggest lie i have read my current isp does not traffic shape or have any fup they offer a true unlimited service and if they offered ftc there is no way in **bleep** i would of swapped, BE's unlimited package is just that no tricks no fup and no traffic shaping.

Gonna miss BE there where the best isp I have ever been with

0 Ratings