cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

DLM Keeps enabling Interleaving...

I've posted a couple of other times about trying to improve my fttc connection.  I've achieved a fair bit using a rj11-rj45 twisted 30cm cable, an hg612 modem etc.  Things are going well and the thing is my line (at any speed) has always been resolutely stable.

Obviously there have been a couple of disconnects a week or so back when I flipped the modem and swapped cables.  

However, twice now, I think both Wednesday morning (1:30am and 2:30am) the line has dropped (automatically by DLM?) and interleaving has been enabled.  I have no idea why, but it also seems to limit the connection - previously I was within a couple of hundreds of the max attainable.

Why is this happening? As an example, before this mornings drop my connection was a stable 55meg sync speed with absolutely no problems and stable throughput.

I have noticed that since the resync the max attainable has actually gone up a couple of meg to 57... is this the DLM testing out faster stable speeds or something else? 

IMG_2296.JPEG

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: DLM Keeps enabling Interleaving...

The max attainable will fluctuate all the time depending on the weather and how that affects your line - mine does.  It also affects your noise margin which probably also fluctuates by a very small amount 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

I get that, and it has been drier around here -  there are reasons it may increase for sure. It only ever goes up... never really drops below a few hundred which I assume is what you are referring to.

But 53000/54000 to 57000 seems a lot? Oh and the max attainable increases do seem to be in conjunction with the Interleaving changes.  It doesn't drop down again when interleaving is turned off though.  It feels like some sort of line training but this hasn't been requested.

Any ideas on why interleaving keeps reappearing?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

I might have found a partial reason... I've had a fault "open" with BT because (Cube don't seem to be able to close it) for nearly a YEAR.  This was finally sorted properly a week or so back.  Everything has been fine since, yet suddenly...

No idea why the engineer visit has been planned without a single word from me... no idea if I need to be at the property even... not requested, not needed as far as I know.. all a bit weird.

bt1.jpgbt2.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

as far as I am aware and from other post once the DLM has changed latency to interleaved it never seems to go back to fast unless there is a DLM reset requested.  you may get different depths of interleaving but I have nothing to confirm that

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

That’s odd then - it’s certain gone back from interleaved to off once - at least according to the stats. Can a DLM reset be done remotely or does it require a engineer visit?

to be honest I can’t be charged for an engineer visit I haven’t asked for so I’ll just see what happens tomorrow I guess.  The max attainable is now up to 57200, which I’ve never seen anywhere near that until the recent jumps.  

will post back if anything interesting happens!

0 Ratings