cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 44

Re: DLM Reset Completed On 22/04/2016 - Fault Back

You should do as as been suggested on this forum and the other forum that you use.

Leave it alone!!

Let you line settle down and don't fret over the lose of a few Mbps which you would never notice anyway without doing a speed test or looking at stats!

Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 44

As I've said before, you'll never notice that few mbps anyway, there's no point in worrying about it. Just use the internet without being bothered about what speed you have.

If you can do everything you want without any buffering issues or slow downs, then the speed is rather irrelevant.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Message 33 of 44

I understand that all you aim to do is say "speed is irrelevant it doesn't affect service" which is true, but what if the issue gets worse and I then can't use the landline and I'm screwed? What will you say then?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 44

If the issue gets worse and you can't use the landline, you raise a landline fault.

We seem to through the same rigmarole every week, it's getting tiresome.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Highlighted
se1lad
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 44

William, can you borrow a corded phone from a neighbour to check the line? It might just be where I live, but I am yet to find a cordless phone that doesn't give some level of noise on the quiet line test.
devera
Aspiring Expert
Message 36 of 44

This document describes parameters which can be adjusted by DLM:

http://pdfsr.com/pdf/tr129-vdsl-channel-profile-add-documentation

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer click the ratings star on the left-hand side. If the reply answers your question, mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 44

@William_Grimsley wrote:

I understand that all you aim to do is say "speed is irrelevant it doesn't affect service" which is true, but what if the issue gets worse and I then can't use the landline and I'm screwed? What will you say then?

.... and what if it doesn't get worse!!

Message 38 of 44

Prepare for the worst is what I say!

devera, looks like someone asked you to remove the BT logo off your profile picture, rightly so as it's not allowed! I do know how DLM works!

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 44

Oh, and is it tiresome? You're here to HELP customers not getting tired of them, if you want to go and help someone else then that's up to you!

I'm shocked and quite upset by how some of the people treat BT customers, you want to help people not pursuade them to leave the forum to only get help from Indians!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 40 of 44

William, I have found some of your comments on this thread and comments on some of your other threads out of order.

The users of this forum are all BT customers just like you. You are not their customer and they do not need to help you.

I am surprised you are getting any help from fellow forum users who are voluntarily giving their time and experiences to assist you given they way you have responded to them. 

I would suggest that you re-read your posts and reflect on how you have behaved.