cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 13

DLM Reset after line fault

Hi guys had openreach engineer out yesterday to fix line fault on drop wire, it was replaced from house to pole he did a DLM reset afterwards how long does it take the line to retrain it's been 24 hours had no reboots and speeds have not changed?
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 13

Re: DLM Reset after line fault

Any help would be appreciated thanks!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 13

sounds like the reset did not work it should be almost immediate
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 4 of 13

I thought line engineers could request a DLM reset?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 13

Only egineers on a broadband job.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 13

@john46 sorry I should of said after the DLM reset the speeds haven't changed nor had any resyncs, how long is the training period after I know isp's say 10 days but I'm guessing maybe 3 ?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

Can you post the hub stats? It doesn't sound like a DLM reset has been done.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 13

@Webby A reset definitely happened after he fixed the drop wire he dialled the number on his phone could hear the options as he had it on speakerphone think it was circuit reset or Something like that,my speed is is usually the full infinity 1 55/10 but due the fault it went down to 38/7, speeds are now back to full infinity 1 again but it's the downstream noise margin that concerns me sitting at 12.1 with max attainable of 56338 where as it used to be around 63 not that I use it, i have had no resyncs or change in speed since reset on Wednesday afternoon around 5pm ?

Current stats,

1. Product Name: HomeHub5
3. Firmware version: v0.07.06.01239-BT (Type B) Last updated 22/3/2017
4. Board version: 01
5. VDSL uptime: 1 days, 18:43:58
6. Data Rate: 9995 / 54997
7. Maximum Data Rate: 21219 / 56338
8. Noise Margin: 12.2 / 12.0
9. Line Attenuation: 19.5 / 17.4
10. Signal Attenuation: 0.0 / 0.0
11. Data sent/received: 57.5 MB / 506.2 MB
12. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com
13. BT Wi-fi: No
14. 2.4GHz wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-2PM8
15. 2.4GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s))
16. 2.4GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only (Recommended)
17. 2.4GHz wireless channel: 6
18. 5GHz wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-2PM8-5G
19. 5GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s))
20. 5GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only (Recommended)
21. 5GHz wireless channel: 48
22. Firewall: Default
24. Software variant: -
25. Boot loader: 0.5.0-BT (Tue Jun 17 18:52:56 2014)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

If you're in infinity 1 and you're at the max rate I'm not sure why you're worried?

A higher noise margin when you're at the top of the range is a good thing, as it's providing more protection against any noise that may be induced on the line which could affect your broadband speeds.

The training period is a myth and if there's no faults or issues with the line then DLM wouldn't force a resync for the sake of it. Why would you expect a change in speed when you're already at the max of the product?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 13

@Webbythe only thing I was concerned about was the downstream noise margin,as it's sitting at 12.1 before the fault and all was well max obtainable was 63-64 with noise of around 13/13.1, I guess what I'm saying is with a noise margin Of 12.1 I would of expected max attainable to be a lot higher as currently there's only around 1.6meg difference between data rate and max would of expected it to be around 6.5/7 for that rate ?

0 Ratings