cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

DLM Reset

I appreciate this probably gets asked for a lot, so apologies for that, however, I think DLM was a bit oversensitive on my line.

I disconnected the BT Smart Hub 2 and connected my own Zyxel VMG8324-B10A. I left the line disconnected for 30 mins as I've read this will ensure DLM doesn't count it as an unforced disconnection.

Anyway, early this morning, it looks like DLM has in fact resynced the line and applied a higher interleave depth. The additional delay is now 14ms.

I'd be grateful, therefore, if a reset could be done on my line in order to restore fastpath/G.INP or the 8ms delay. Thanks!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: DLM Reset

Unlike ADSL this cannot be done on VDSL (FTTC) lines unless an engineer attends and repairs a fault.

All you need to do is maintain a stable connection and DLM should relent.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

A DLM reset can be done by Openreach without the need for an engineer visit. Any service provider can request one, regardless of whether it's FTTC. It just needs to be requested by BT.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

you are not going to get BT to request a DLM reset until you have maintained a stable connection and let DLM automatically make adjustment

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

It was stable until I replaced the router last night, then DLM made an automatic adjustment which wasn't necessary. I'd like to have it reset in order to rectify that.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

You can like whatever you want, it won't happen.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Nice, thanks.
0 Ratings