Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FatAndAngry
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

DLM Reset

Hi,

What is the best way to go about requesting a DLM reset please?

Basically, I bought a new modem and have not been able to make it talk to my router and in trying to resolve the issue, I have generated excessive re trains so DLM has been applied. My old provider were able to do this for me when my Openreach modem went on the blink.
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: DLM Reset

if you were previously on adsl with old provider then yes they could reset your conenction but that is not possible at present with vdsl  at present you need a broadband engineer visit and a fault found and fixed before you will get engineer to reset your connection

you will not get an engineer visit just for a DLM reset

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
FatAndAngry
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Hi,

Many thanks for replying but your information is out of date
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 8

I'm afraid the information you've been given is not out of date. As yet Openreach do not allow ISP's to reset DLM.

FatAndAngry
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/02/ability-reset-openreach-fttc-broadband-dlm-profiles-ar...

Further to this, my previous ISP were able to do this for me in March.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Just ring customer services then and see if you can get them to reset it.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

thius has been covered a few times on the forum and a search will bring up the mods BT employees) confirmation at present they cannot reset the DLM on vdsl connection

this has been ongoing and as yet thete is no progress even though openreach have allowed ISps to request DLM resets in certain circumstances - sooner BT get procedure in place the better

BUT this informationat present for BT is correct

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

@FatAndAngry wrote:
https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/02/ability-reset-openreach-fttc-broadband-dlm-profiles-ar...

Further to this, my previous ISP were able to do this for me in March.

It may well be the case that your previous ISP could reset it for you but that is irrelevant as you are no longer with them. As yet BT can not/will not reset DLM on VDSL. 

If BT could do a reset or get an engineer to reset it for you it might be the case you would be charged £130 for the engineer visit because it was a self inflicted wound ie you caused the problem by multiple reconnection when setting up your own equipment. 

0 Ratings