cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZeeGy
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

DLM is taking a long time to increase the speed once again.....

Hi guys, I hope you are all well.

I had a line issue on Sunday 23rd Feb, it caused my phone line to kick out and constantly become in use and my Infinity took a massive hit, it would rarely work, and when it did I was getting a connection of 4Mb (note that this is connection speeds, not speed tests)

Bt took their time, but came out to see me on Thursday 27th Feb. They found a pit of cabling has become corroded and needed to be replaced. This in turn instantly resolved the phone fault. I was advised, that of course there could be a delay of a few days for internet services to be restored.

I have a modified modem, and pull stats from my modem, so I was able to monitor it over the coming days to ensure that my connection was being managed (and more importantly) updated via the DLM.

Upon instant connection of my repaired line, my DL speed increased to about 8.5Mb. Though it was still fairly unreliable, though this was to be expected.

2014-03-01-06.30.55-Speed.png

The DLM done its first duty on 2nd March (SIX DAYS) later, and then the speed increased to about 20MB. Better, but not what im used to. Though stability was higher, though Noise Margins were massive (27db on the download!)

2014-03-03-08.36.25-Speed.png

3rd March, DLM had another go, popping Download links from 20Mb to about 33Mb. Noise margins have now reduced to more normal levels. Though Still not great.

2014-03-04-10.34.05-Speed.png

4th March, no DLM updates today. Surely that cant be it, I’m still a long way off, even compared to previous speeds on a corroded line! As you can see, my suspected (max speeds) should be about 48-50Mb there is also a massive blip of about 5Mb at 20:20ish, what would cause this?

More importantly, Can I still expect more DLM updates to get me to the correct speed? It has already been 5 days….

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: DLM is taking a long time to increase the speed once again.....

DLM can, but not necessarily will, take up to three weeks to return speeds to what they were.

0 Ratings
ZeeGy
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Ouch, that is poor! but thanks for the input, What about the blip on image 3? any ideas what could have caused that?

0 Ratings
clairelouise2
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

At least it is going up...mine has stayed at around the same level for 2 weeks now..
0 Ratings