cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
digitizer
Message 1 of 6

DLM profile reset

Hi guys,

I'm currently on Infinity 2 which at the time of install Sep' 2014  (engineer install)  Speed upto 76Mbps-20Mbps.

From the original speed checker test It was estimated I could get approx 60Mbps downstream. Now I thought I would let it bed in (22 months I know lol), the problem I have is that I can only get max of around 35 Mbps down & 7 Mbps up.

I checked my profile settings and they are as follows: Down= 33.61 Up=20Mbps

I realise that the 'Up' figure is the Infinity 2 profile as it's upto 20Mbps, but the 'Down' seems pretty slow for upto 76Mbps.

I was wondering whether It was worth getting the 'DLM profile reset' and making sure of the max speeds available to me.

Any help would be appreciated 🙂

Steve

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: DLM profile reset

providing you maintain a stable connection the DLM will reset automatically it can take several weeks to happen

only Openreach can carry out a reset of the DLM if a fault is found
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the adsl stats from your router you may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or if HH4/5 then go to troubleshooting then logs and you are looking for 2 line together when hub last connected to internet and they will show your connection speed and noise margin or if netgear enter 192.168.0.1). Then run  btspeedtester  (MAC users may have problems). when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post the results ( do not reset the router).

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

are you connected directly via a filter to the NTE5 master or test socket or to somewhere else? Is the master the only phone socket in your home?

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

test socket.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
digitizer
Message 4 of 6

Hi imjolly,

here are the results:

hh5stats050716.PNGadslchecker010716.PNGdiagresults050716.PNG

As I mentioned in my previous post, I noticed the'Up' profile max showing of 20Mbps which suggests I am indeed on Infinity 2. The quiet line test btw was just that, quiet!

My BT master socket is the landline/integrated filter type, and is the only socket.

Thanks

Steve

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

You don't need a DLM reset, your line is operating within limits and it's highly unlikely your line is banded to say the difference between the data rate and the maximum data rate is negligable. I would advise downgrading to Infinity 1 as your line cannot handle higher than 55/10.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

your conenction is right at top of dslchecker estimate so conenction looks good.  I certainly would contact options team and downgrade to infinity 1 and get same speed as you currently have and save some money  0800800030

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.