Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dezza88
Contributor
Message 41 of 72

Re: DLM reset

Go to solution
He was a broadband engineer as far as i am aware but BT failed to give him the details he required to do the reset he told me this at the time. I really dont know what to do now. I cant keep paying for a below par service.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 42 of 72

Go to solution
An engineer will be able to reset it. They will need to speak to the SOC and explain the previous engineers notes advise a fault was fixed but the previous engineer, for whatever reason, didn't reset DLM.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Dezza88
Contributor
Message 43 of 72

Go to solution
I have now escalated this to the executive level service team who are contacting me tomorrow. Hopefully i can finally get this resolved once and for all and get the engineer to reset the line and unband the line ao i can get back up to my full line limit
0 Ratings
velocity
Aspiring Contributor
Message 44 of 72

Go to solution

I had the exact same problem after a line fault repair, where the line engineer wasn't able to reset DLM.

It is frustraiting to have to wait (around 6 weeks in my case), but I feel it's important to remain calm when on the phone to BT. No one likes being shouted at, so try to remain calm.

Mines was fixed by an broadband engineer visit a couple of weeks ago. The engineer was very helpful and professional, and reset DLM for me, after doing some checks to the wiring in the master socket.

I've had no problems since, and my speed is back to normal.

Dezza88
Contributor
Message 45 of 72

Go to solution
I was polite as i know it isnt the fault of the person on the phone but for them to call me a liar over my contract saying there isnt such thing as a guarenteed minimum speed even though i had the info to hand and also to be told the speed checker said my speed is fine then on a second attempt to tell me an error script for him to read has popped up and that i should be happy will my below par speed i was annoyed but still i remained polite.
0 Ratings
Message 46 of 72

Go to solution

@Dezza88 That shouldn't have happened and I'm sorry about the difficulties you've had when calling the helpdesk. If you need an help getting an engineer booked we'll be happy to assist.  

Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username .

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Dezza88
Contributor
Message 47 of 72

Go to solution
Just a quick one to say thanks to everyone for helping over the last week or so...i filed a complaint with BT ELC department last night and this morning an engineer was sent out to reset line and i come home from work to see my fibre speed running at 37meg. Hope it stays like this or even increases when the new 52meg cap is introduced next month. Anyway many thanks for the help
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 48 of 72

Go to solution

Good result.

0 Ratings
Dezza88
Contributor
Message 49 of 72

Go to solution
One last Update: Just had another call from BT ELC to check everything is still ok with my speed and after thanking them for the quick resove of the issue i had i have now had my speed cap raised to 55meg as of monday free of charge so even better result from the ELC team.
Message 50 of 72

Go to solution

@Webby, really? Banding cannot be removed automatically, I think there's been changes at the DSLAM so banding cannot be removed automatically anymore, it has to be done via a DLM reset.

0 Ratings