Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dezza88
Contributor
Message 1 of 72

DLM reset

Go to solution
Is there anybody in the forum that can reset DLM so my fibre speed can go back up ??
0 Ratings
71 REPLIES 71
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 72

Re: DLM reset

Go to solution

Not a chance. DLM can only be reset by an Openreach engineer once a fault has been cleared.

0 Ratings
Dezza88
Contributor
Message 3 of 72

Go to solution
The engineer told me i can do it either of 3 ways:
1. Leave router off 24 hours to force it
2. Ring BT to get them to do it on the phone.
3. Wait 14 days for it to manually reset.
As BT never passed on my fibre details to openreach the engineer couldnt do it.....
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 72

Go to solution

did you get phone engineer visit?  fix your connection? unfortunately only broadband engineer can reset DLM

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 72

Go to solution

@Dezza88 wrote:
The engineer told me i can do it either of 3 ways:
1. Leave router off 24 hours to force it
2. Ring BT to get them to do it on the phone.
3. Wait 14 days for it to manually reset.
As BT never passed on my fibre details to openreach the engineer couldnt do it.....

i doubt any of these will work

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Dezza88
Contributor
Message 6 of 72

Go to solution
Yeah i had an engineer visit and he told me that BT had not told him my fibre details so he couldnt do a DLM reset. He told me to phone them and get them to do it or the other options i mentioned above
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 72

Go to solution

@Dezza88 wrote:
Yeah i had an engineer visit and he told me that BT had not told him my fibre details so he couldnt do a DLM reset. He told me to phone them and get them to do it or the other options i mentioned above

Not a chance, that was just so he could do a runner!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 72

Go to solution
Only Openreach can carry out a DLM reset and then only if a fault is fixed all the things you were told a basically incorrect and bad information
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 72

Go to solution

Presumably the engineer visit was as a result of your previous post when you said you had noise on the phone line. If it was it will have been a telephone engineer who called and carried out the repair.

Telephone engineers do not do DLM resets so I suspect that he has told you that rubbish so it would make him look as though he knew what he was talking about.

Assuming your line is now fixed all you can do is wait until DLM slowly increases your speed. This can, but not necessarily will take two or three weeks.

0 Ratings
Dezza88
Contributor
Message 10 of 72

Go to solution
After speaking to BT on the phone in the UK they have said he was right and they have requested a DLM and also something else to bring my speed back up. Just glad to have phone line sorted now. Many thank to all that replied to my posts over the last few days. Sorry for being a pain in the **bleep**. I will leave you in peace now.
0 Ratings