Message 52 of 207

Re: DNS

definitely a problem still with dns

0 Ratings
dthree
Aspiring Contributor
Message 53 of 207

Come on BT sort out your DNS. Your status shows that's it's fixed, but it has been just as bad today (2nd) as yesterday.

Not a happy bunny!!!

0 Ratings
Thespen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 54 of 207

Dam can't change them, I'm currently on, see below, home hub 3 or 4 (2 boxes one for fibre than a seperate wireless router always seemed strange to me), guess I could set it up using an old router if needed. I never found the BT router to be all its craked up to be anyway.

Primary DNS:31.55.187.18
Secondary DNS:31.55.185.26
0 Ratings
DannyUK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 55 of 207

I'm also having this trouble, it only started today for me. I live in Sunderland so I don't know if it's just this area or what but sometimes the internet works and other times it won't connect and says DNS error on my web browser. What is going on? I have not phoned BT at this time, I know it isn't at my end but I'd like to know if there is any update on what is happening with this problem?

0 Ratings
Slyme
Message 56 of 207

Been on and off for a week now, changed to Google DNS so i could post on this forum, come on BT fix this or refund us???

0 Ratings
Highlighted
meddc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 57 of 207

BT Infinity user in Kent here.

Problems all throughout the day yesterday.

I was out today but this evening, problems still evident. Sometimes sites load fine. Sometimes not.

If BT's service status told me they were aware of the fault and working hard to fix it then I might be a bit more understanding. But two days now, and all it says is a glib "Problems accessing webpages" (which quite frankly could mean anything) and "Resolved"! Come on BT, COMMUNICATE! Right now it doesn't even look as if you know there is an issue. And your help pages refuse to acknowledge that there could ever be an issue your end - instead all the "help" seems to assume I must have done something my end. It's just infuriating.

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 58 of 207

All was starting to work again with me untill I went to google.co.uk and this poped up after 30 seconds. Sorry, the website to trying to view can't be found.

This seems worse than Yesterday. I stay in the Dunfermline area.

Darren

0 Ratings
aam
Contributor
Message 59 of 207

These DNS problems are on-going and no paying BT customer should have to resort to using alternatives.  BT should provide a more reliable service and be quicker off the mark to acknowledge problems and then rectify them. 

0 Ratings
DannyUK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 60 of 207

Is there a way around this issue? I can only post here when it decided to work again it'd been off the last 20 minutes
0 Ratings