Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
meddc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 121 of 207

Re: DNS

Intermittent DNS lookup problems again tonight. 4th day in a row now.

ney
Expert
Message 122 of 207

I have had Intermittent problems with DNS as well since Monday but Tuseday was the worst day.

Im starting to get a llite fed up with it know.

Darren

0 Ratings
Showtek
Contributor
Message 123 of 207

Having the same problem here in Lisburn Northern Ireland, the DNS issue here seems to be one that does not stop and does not appear to have a period where everything is working fine, something is always wrong, takes me many attempts to load up websites, sometimes they will half load. How long does it take to fix an issue like this, it seems like something happened when they went ahead and blocked all them websites  😞

0 Ratings
DannyUK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 124 of 207

After phoning an advisor last night I thought it might be fixed but I'm now getting the same old problems. They certainly know about it because I explained a lot of people here are having problems not just me. The advisor told me to switch to google DNS so I'll have to look into doing that if I can.
0 Ratings
Message 125 of 207

South East, also having this problem with unable to resolve host intermittently on random sites. Right pain in the backside.

0 Ratings
MrAddy
Message 126 of 207

I have had a issue for a few days. Taken me 3 days to get registered because I keep losing Google, and so reCapture don't work.

Losing NowTV all the time, and its getting worse. Why are BT so **bleep** at communicating problems......
0 Ratings
Azeluk
Beginner
Message 127 of 207

Peoblems in Christchurch dorset to bh23 area.
0 Ratings
GaryM
Contributor
Message 128 of 207

Still a problem here too (South Oxfordshire). I was hoping this issue would get resolved within a reasonable time scale to avoid messing with any config settings but I've now just resorted to changing my Windows IP Config settings to use the Google DNS servers. Since doing that everything seems to be fine.

0 Ratings
Noonsy
Beginner
Message 129 of 207

Same problem on and off for the last 4 days. (Warwickshire) At first I thought it's cyber Monday - but this has been happening for days.

Affects a lot of https sites, but also you tube.

Tried to flush dns, reset router.

Definately not my PC, as it happened on my phone via wifi also (eliminating home plugs and PC).

I switched wifi off on the phone, and refreshed page that refused to load, loaded straight away on mobile (non BT network)

Has some kind of network upgrade happened and it's gone wrong?

I'm using Home Hub 3 (I think) so I don't I can using Google DNS?

Thanks

Rich

0 Ratings
GaryM
Contributor
Message 130 of 207

I'm on a HH3 as well. If you Google "Using Google Public DNS" the first result returned will tell you how to change the DNS that your computer uses. This will override what the hub is trying to use.

0 Ratings