cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cherkhan
Expert
Message 1 of 207

DNS

Anyone else experiencing dns problems with not being able to access sites? One minute they work, next can't access.

0 Ratings
206 REPLIES
Sinuous
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 207

Re: DNS

Yes yes and yes again, its been happening all morning

0 Ratings
Fretman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 207

Yep was just going to post about my DNS problems, can't access half the internet all of a sudden.

Maybe you should rename the title (if you can, not sure) for people who don't know the issue is DNS related yet?

0 Ratings
GaryM
Contributor
Message 4 of 207

Yes same here.

I thought it was my router or PC and have been flushing DNS cache and rebooting to no avail. Looks like it's a much wider problem.

0 Ratings
Hoody
Contributor
Message 5 of 207

@BTCARE on twotter have been telling people to restart their routers, whilst knowing full well this is a DNS problem.. no response to two posts so far about this. And to top it off they are about to put the line rental up. Will soon be time to move to pastres new i think...

0 Ratings
rotorman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 207

Changed to Open DNS and no problems at all. 208:67:222:222 or 208:67:220:220

0 Ratings
Sinuous
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 207

If you want a temporary fix, just use google's DNS server. https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

I am using 8.8.8.8 and IPv4 if you're wondering and everything is fine. So, what I'm saying is this is CONFIRMATION THAT IT IS A DNS ISSUE ON BT'S END.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
PaulR
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 207

Or the Google Public DNS   8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4  see https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

0 Ratings
cherkhan
Expert
Message 9 of 207

DNS problems yet again................!!

Been having bables with it today as I trade financial markets. One minute it's there, next no connection to site again.

Did multitude of corrective actions, flushing caches ipconfigs etc etc. Reboots modem and router. Ran out of things to trySmiley Happy Then gave it all up and changed to Google DNS and problem appears cured.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 207

Hi Everyone,

I'm really sorry if you're having problems with your connection. I've raised this with our network team and we'll post back when we have an updates.

Cheers

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings