Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
HTB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 17

DREADFUL TECHNICAL SUPPORT

My Smart Hub keeps dropping its connection and going to orange light then reconnecting. Unusable for video streaming. Never had any connection problems in over 5 years of FTTC on the same line.

Reported the fault over 10 days ago. First agent got me to factory reset the smart hub and then reported the issue closed.

24 hours and 10 connection drops later I phoned again to report the fault. Agent said they could see all the connection drops and that there was definitely a problem.

I was told the fault would be passed to a network engineer for further investigation. I was promised I would get a call back and that I would either have a line fault sorted out or I would get a new replacement smart hub.

Fast forward to today - no calls back from anyone in BT, no replacement Smart Hub and an unusable connection.

I will lose the will to live if I have to go back to one of the script readers in the call centre and start over explaining the problem.

Truly appalling service from BT.
0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 17

Re: DREADFUL TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 17

Have you tried the quiet line test dial 17070 option 2 you should hear no noise if you can hear noise then it needs reporting to BT faults on 151 with no mention of broadband in the call
HTB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 17

Quiet line test is ok and line is fine for voice calls
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 17

Please can you post the information from the HH6 using this link.

http://192.168.1.254/0000012803/gui/#/technicalLog/information

HTB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 17

I'm away at the moment but, IIRC the event log shows VLAN disconnects and PPP session drops.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 17

Do you have a different modem/router you can try?

HTB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 17

When I return home I'll revert to my OR Huawei modem and Vigor router and see what DSLStats reveals.

It's just frustrating that BT Technical Support failed to follow up on the fault
0 Ratings
HTB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 17

Swapped out the HH6 for Ope reach modem and Delay at is showing frequent resyncs, so that rules out a problem with the Smarthub.

Did the quiet line test again and it does now sound like there is interference on the line.

What's the best way to get BT to sort this out?
0 Ratings
HTB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 17

Sorry, my previous should read

'Openreach modem and DSLStats is showing frequent resyncs'
0 Ratings