cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
-chapperz-
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

DSL Checker - Address check different to telephone no. check

Our village was upgraded to fttc last year, however the area we live was on an exchange only line. Having used the openreach fibre enquiries form, I was informed our line was being moved to a local cabinet that is fibre enabled. I was told this would be completed in February and to keep checking the openreach fibre page.

Since last Friday, the openreach site has said we are now capable of getting fibre. I've spoken with BT who have told me it's not showing on their system so I'm not able to upgrade from ADSL. If I go through as a new customer it shows fibre is available.

I've checked the DSL Checker this evening using our telephone number and it says we are connected to the correct cabinet, however fttc is not showing as available. If I instead use the address checker, then it shows that fttc is available.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

IMG_20200213_221942.jpg

IMG_20200213_222039-min.jpg

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: DSL Checker - Address check different to telephone no. check

The address checker is not as accurate as your phone hence why ISPs use the dslchecker with your phone number and until shows fibre available you will not be able to order

can you see the new cabinet outside or very close to the exchange?

it may be you just have to wait until openreach update their database which is usually very Friday

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
-chapperz-
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for your reply. Yes the cabinet is an existing cabinet that's been there for around a year now and has been up and running serving other areas of the village.

Fingers crossed openreach update their database tomorrow then!

0 Ratings
-chapperz-
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Out of curiosity, is there a way to get Openreach to update their database?

Also, technically, as we don't mind losing our current phone number, could we cancel with BT and then sign up as a new customer, therefore being allocated a new phone number, and therefore allowing the fibre order to go through?

0 Ratings
Sage
Message 5 of 7

Just be patient and wait for the database to be updated. It should happen later today so I'd wait until Monday to check. This should give the change time to filter through to the BTWholesale database.

0 Ratings
-chapperz-
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Thanks for the reply. We're out of contract with BT at the moment so was just trying to find ways not to roll over into another month at crazy prices, but sounds like we just need to sit tight.

0 Ratings
-chapperz-
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

It still doesn't appear to have updated, dslchecker still returns the same results. What's the best course of action now?

0 Ratings