cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Littlepace
Contributor
Message 21 of 39

Re: DSL Checker Speed changes

Thanks for all the info guys. I'll check in with BT tomorrow and see what they say about the matter. I'm still not getting my promised speeds so hopefully they'll see it as something that still needs sorting.
0 Ratings
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 22 of 39

@pippincp: Yes, I know about star-wiring, thanks. When I say "your own home" I do include the BT wiring within your home on the supply side of NTE, not just the consumer's internal wiring. Indeed they're most likely to be on the BT side.

Littlepace
Contributor
Message 23 of 39

Ok so I told the person from BT that my upload speed had increased but my download was still below what it should be. She then said that another fault has been raised, not sure who by, and is being "fixed" by the DCOE Team??? Not sure who they are. And not sure what the chances are this links into my bridge tap issue. But she said they will have it "fixed" within 48 hours and then the BT helper will ring me early next week for another update.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 39

Diagnoistic centre of excellence (Openreach’s control room for DLM basically).
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Littlepace
Contributor
Message 25 of 39

So what are the chances of this being linked to the bridge tap?? I thought they'd need to come out if it was.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 39

A bridge tap will need physical intervention, if it can be resolved at all. I’m not sure if they all can or not, never really came across one.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Littlepace
Contributor
Message 27 of 39

Lucky me then! Hopefully, it is something that they will spot and be able to resolve. I'm happy with my speeds because they are still 4-5 times better than what I used to be able to get, but as this will be my max for the next, however many years, I'd like to get the best I possibly can. No point settling for lower speeds if there's higher to be had. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Littlepace
Contributor
Message 28 of 39

So, on the DSL checker, on the Bridge tap column i went from a "U" to a "Y" about a week ago when I made the upgrade to Infinity 1. And my speeds were in the impacted range. So I guessed the bridge tap was the cause of my problems. Now i've checked again and now it is down as "N". How can a bridge tap suddenly disappear overnight with no physical intervention?? Bit annoying because it was something that could be clearly shown to BT that something is definitely wrong on my line. If the bridge tap was fixed then surely my speeds would have increased but I'm currently on 21 down and 0.4 upload. This is getting very frustrating, to say the least!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 29 of 39

It may have had physical intervention. Bridge taps aren't located in the home.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 39

Can be.

0 Ratings