Message 31 of 39

Re: DSL Checker Speed changes

Rarely.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 39

Hmm, I suspect star wiring in the home is more common than a spurious jumper still attached in the cabinet or bunched pairs only terminated one end. But could be anywhere.

0 Ratings
Littlepace
Contributor
Message 33 of 39

I feel like if it had if been fixed then I'd of seen some sort of increase in speeds. But I haven't as of yet.
0 Ratings
Littlepace
Contributor
Message 34 of 39

So just got off the phone with Laura from BT for another update. Apparently, the line is all good and I'm achieving the speeds my IP profile is set at. But they are lower than what BT guarantee so she said that they might be able to get an engineer out and raise it? or reset it? I wasn't too sure. Not sure what that will do? if i can get better speeds why would my IP profile be set so low? Or am I misunderstanding what an IP profile is

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 39

IP profile is determined by the sync rate, not the other way round.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Littlepace
Contributor
Message 36 of 39

So what does that mean for me?? That they can't raise my speeds? A bit confused to be honest.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 39

You need an engineer visit.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Littlepace
Contributor
Message 38 of 39

Another one lol. How come the last guy didn't sort the problem if I need an engineer visit again. Feel like in stuck in a loop
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Littlepace
Contributor
Message 39 of 39

Another update today. First of all the bridge tap has mysteriously returned on the BT checker so not sure what's going on with that. Laura from BT has said that apparently my cabinet is rather full and has a lot of users? And this is why I'm getting low speeds. They're looking into solutions such as moving me to a different circuit. Now I guess she's basically talking about congestion, but surely that would only be a problem for me some of the time (mainly peak hours) but I get steady speeds all day.
0 Ratings