I have been having issue with connectivity for some time now. I haves poken to customer support too many times (they generally blamed the amount of devices connected to the internet for the issue). I have also gone through two Home Hub 3, so last weekend I decided enough was enough and purchased an Asus AC68U with built in modem.
Everything went swimmingly, install was straightforward. I connected every device I possible could and everything seemed to be working perfectly. That was until anyone tried streaming any type of video, be it from BBC iplayer, Netflix, YouTube, BlinkBox etc etc. Gaming seemed ok, but was a little flaky last night.
The router was flashing a warning the other day which read:
Your DSL line appears to be unstable. DLA (Dynamic Line Adjustment) which enabled by default already adopted necessary changes and ensure stability. However if interruption continues please submit a feedback form for our analysis.
Needless to say feeback has been left, along with a message on the forums as well. Very similar to this one, general response from Asus forum was that is it s DSL issue.
BT Broadband Checker details below: Exchange PORTSMOUTH is served by Cabinet 121
Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)
Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)
|FTTC Range A (Clean)||80||80||20||20||--||Available|
|FTTC Range B (Impacted)||80||76.7||20||19||--||Available|
|WBC ADSL 2+||Up to 3||--||2.5 to 6.5||Available|
|WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M||Up to 3||Up to 0.5||2.5 to 6.5||Available|
|ADSL Max||Up to 3||--||2 to 5.5||Available|
|WBC Fixed Rate||1||--||--||Available|
|FTTP on Demand||330||30||--||Available|
Below is a selection of images take from the router admin:
Any help/advice will be greatly appriacted. I know full well that BT Customer Support will make me plug the Home Hub 3 back in in order to run diagnostics, but I thought it prudent to seek advice here first.
I've the same router as you, with the same firmware, and my connection is rock solid.
The stats for your connection are very poor, especially the interleaving.
Go into Administration -> DSL setting and post back an image of that page and then I'll compare it to my settings.
As soon as I get home I'll do just that. I also connected the XBox last night and that could not hold a connection for longer than a couple of minutes.
you are on a Huawaii cab so I would enable G.INP in your router
Just a couple of difference:-
Annex Mode - Annex A/I/J/L/M
G.INP - Enabled - as already pointed out.
The G.INP might make a lot of difference to the interleaving & up your connection speed.
Do you have any noise on the line? Dial 17070 , option 2 - preferably from a corded phone. Any noise then report a line fault but don't mention broadband.
Thanks for the advice. I have update my settings to match the above, but no jo. All media players still fail and the xbox still disconnects regulary.
I will have to see if anyone has a corded phone in order to do the quiet line test. No sure that will be possible, but you never know.
I suppose I will have to spend Saturday on the phone to BT customer services, unless anyone has any more thoughts on the issue.
One other thing I notice is that you wifi SSIDs are the same , that has been known to cause problems for some wifi devices.
Also , and I've seen this before , whilst we have the same firmware version your DSL driver is a different version to mine. Not sure of the significance of that though.
It would be useful to post back the new DSL Log to see what has changed.
Note that it can take time for the DLM to reflect the G.INP change and reset your line I think.
I think the chnage to G.INP is now working and you have max conenction speed for infinity 2