cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkBurnell
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 26

Re: DSL Issue

We are still struggling with streaming though, not too sure what to do next.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 26

run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  MUST be done with wired connection 

btspeedtester

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
MarkBurnell
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 26

Here is the result from the speed test.

2015-11-14.png

2015-11-14 (1).png

0 Ratings
MarkBurnell
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 26

I do not know if this will help, but just in case, please find below a link to a de-bug log from the router.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6MQguF551V5LUNtSVZENGpQZmM/view?usp=sharing

0 Ratings
MarkBurnell
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 26

Right, well i reconnected the old HomeHub3 and contacted BT via live chat and they went through a whole host of test and confirmed that all isues were resolved. I tested the HomeHubs wifi with five seperate devices streaming miltiple different programmes and all worked perfectly.

Reconnected the Asus router and it all looked good, until the media stopped playing again. So, is the issue with the Asus router or with our line?

I have attached a new DSL log.Screenshot (11).png

0 Ratings
SuperSajuuk
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 26

If everything worked fine on the Home Hub, but then stopped working on the Asus router, then the issue with your Asus router. You could try doing a factor reset of the asus router and then reconfiguring everything as necessary, but since things appear to work fine on the HH, it means the line is not at fault. You could only claim a possible line issue if the same problem continued to occur while using the Home Hub, as that was supplied by BT when your contract started.

0 Ratings
MarkBurnell
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 26

I would have to put the HomeHub through its paces before i can rule out the line completely. What I do not know is if this fix has sorted out the WiFi issue that th HomeHub had in the first place.  But i must admit I have thought a factory reset on the Asus might be in order.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 18 of 26

Maybe you need to check what wifi channels are being used around you & make sure the Asus avoids them. Inssider is a good utility for checking these , using a Windows laptop.

The streaming issues , are they just for wifi & if so is it on 2.4ghz or 5ghz or both?

Is anything attached by ethernet cable and if so is that OK or not?

MarkBurnell
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 26

I'll try that tomorrow, but as for te streaming both wired and wireless had the same issue. Surfing, streaming music and playing online via the desktop worked fine, only had one dodgy evening where it would not connect and the Xbox will not stay logged in or stream media.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 20 of 26

How many devices & what type are we talking about?

0 Ratings