2 computers
1 Desktop wired
1 laptop WiFi
0 Ratings
MarkBurnell
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 26

Re: DSL Issue

right, after talking to BT customer services last night, followed by a factory reset (no firmware update this time) and ensuring G.inp is enabled, it looks like we have success. i wouldn't want like to say its cured, only a week or two of use will tell. But we are streaming. I would like to say a massive thank you to everyone that left a comment. It all helped.

Thank you

Mark
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 24 of 26

Fingers crossed then.

Let us know how it goes.

0 Ratings
Jaseb41
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 26

Hi Mark,Ive had the asus dsl ac68u for about a month now took quite a bit of tweaking to keep the connection stable with the help of asus support and help on other forums managed to keep it connected now for nearly 18 days solid unfortunately I've got heavy interleaving on downstream which has been down to noise on the line a bit of tweaking and 3 firmware updates but im hoping dlm will kick in soon and give me some speed back, have found that these dsl settings are the best and have kept it running this long, regards to wifi i separated the ssids and have had no problems streaming youtube,iplayer etc all fine and signal very good on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz one thing i would say is that asus recommend after a firmware update to do a factory reset by holding in the reset button on the back of the unit for a least 5 seconds which clears out any errors or bugs left by the previous firmware which does actually work, hope this helps and good luck with it !  

Capture1.PNG

Capture.PNG

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 26 of 26

The only difference to my set up is that I have DLA enabled.

0 Ratings