Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 19

Re: DSL Link keeps dropping

Go to solution

If you get problems with CS when trying to get engineer visit then post back and we can see if mods will help you get engineer visit 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 12 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @toekneem,

Sorry to read of the problems you are having at the moment.  I tend to agree with the replies you have already received, probably best we send an engineer to investigate.

If our technical team make no headway by Monday but lets us know and then we will take ownership and will be able to arrange an engineer.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

Thank you SeanD. I will wait till Monday night to hear from them and if I do not I will again ring and ask for an engineer. Anther 3 or 4 dsl link drops last night and ended with a 28Mb sync over night. Tried the test socket again with no extensions and now the HH wont connect at all in the test socket with a filter. Just stays on the orange power light ,where as before it was okay. Phone still works in the filter. 

Put it back to the normal connections and ithe HH connects . At least it synced at 55Mb till it starts dropping again later.

I will let you know.

Appreciate your help.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution

After a miserable weekend watching BT Sport go on and off and my Infinity connection resettiing I rang BT India again this morning for an update on my fault and to say if they have not got any further i would like an engineer. They did some other tests and then announced that they had found a fault at the Exchange (his words0) and an engineer visit to my home would not be required.

They have now put this fault  (5th one) down as a phone fault and it now shows as in BT's network.PSTN-LN.png Telling me now that it should be resolved by Wednesday 5pm. Fingers, legs and everything else crossed.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

SeanD can I take you up on the offer of assistance.

Problem of DSL link droipping has returned after two days. BT put this down as a broadband fault and I had NO noise problems.

Engineer turned up and after explaining to him the problem said it did need a broadband engineer but while he was here he would look into it. After 2 hours and checkeing master socket, then opening the manhole cover in pavement, then visiting the cabinet said it should be Okay. It was for a day or so..

This morning I noticed some noise on the line which I have reported, trouble is now the noise cannot be heard anymore but I am again starting to get DSL links dropping.

Back to square one.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @toekneem,

I'm sorry that your connection still hasn't been repaired. I'd be more that happy to take a look at this for you. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution

@PaddyB wrote:

Hi @toekneem,

I'm sorry that your connection still hasn't been repaired. I'd be more that happy to take a look at this for you. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Thanks PaddyB. Just sent the info in.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

Well a big thank you too the Mods for helping sort this out. had a call from the mods Saturday that they were looking into it and about 4 hours later the engineer phoned saying that they had identified a fault as being Internal and would I like him to come around and have a look. I said yes please but a phone engineer had already checked over the master socket etc.

Half hour later he turned up and opened up the NTE5 master socket, did some checks  asked what the wired connections for on the lower faceplate were for. Told him the extension on the other side of the room which I normally use and had used for two years. He  Said there might be interference coming from it, but I found out later that he did not disconnect it. More tests and a speed reset and then he said it should now be Okay.

Off he went.

Within minutes dsl link dropped again , picked up the phone and more interfernce on 17070/2 and line drops again. I then took off the lower faceplate and found ext connections still connected and just as a test took them off altogether.. Still noise and dsl link dropping. So proved it had nothing to do with any extension.

Called him back and left a message on his mobile number and withen 20 minutes he was back.

More checks and then he found a fault was showing up 49 metres away. Opened up the BT manhole on the previous pole to mine and did some work there , then up my pole and rewired connections in the box. Came back and checked again and now all appears okay. He did say that there was a section of wire coming down the pole with a block on it that will need replacing but that he would arrange that.

Reset the speed again and now thank god all appears to be OKAY. 1 day 7 hours and no noise, no dls link drops and what appears to be a stable connection.

Once again , thank you to the Mods. Much appreciated.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution

Thanks for taking my call this morning @toekneem. I'm really glad to see it's all sorted. Post back if you have any further problems and we'll be happy to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings