cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

DSLChecker G.fast miss match

Hi all.

Just wondering, (ill post images) when I run the DSLchecker for my number it states I should be getting 330mb solid as im  10m from the cabinet.

20210404_145853.jpg

 my maximum data rate used to be 400+ that has dropped 50% thus lowering my sync speeds, being my proximity to the cabinet and on brand new copper (12 months old) do I have cause to ask this be investigated?

20210404_145747.jpg

 so from 400+ to 191.8 is more than 50% reduction. I know my line should be getting a much better speed than it is.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: DSLChecker G.fast miss match

Do you have a dila tone on your landline?  If so dial 17070  option 2 should be silent and best with  order phone  any noise is problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Only have a cordless, but it seems fine doing the quiet line test.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

I'd report it as the noise magin appears to show an issue with the line.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

I've been on the phone to BT just fobbed me off as im achiving the 150mb guarantee I'll try again.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

So apparently there are no faults showing. 

Noise margin as of now is 16/27

I'm guessing the DLM has set it to that for some reason. Im not to impressed that upgrading from fibre 100 to fibre 250 has given a 7mb increase.

When the engineer installed my new copper last year said this line can handle g.fast to it maximum capacity, and now its struggling to hit 200mb

Found an image from my stats 2019 max data rate is 401 and a pinned sync speed nothing has changed either.

20190809_203042.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Now that noise margin is understandable due to the max available being so high.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

So saying that the is definitely somthing amiss here, dont you think??
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

I think you need openreach engineer visit as speed should be better just looking at dslchecker results  the odd thing is the attainable significant reduction so not just provisioned  wrong as that would just affect the connection speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

On the phone to CS, they said they can't send an engineer out as there is no faults showing on the line.

Can the mods here provision an engineer visit?

Feel like I'm being fobbed off by the telephone people, halo 3 states a 250mb speed guarantee, yet on my account says 150?

If they can't up the speed might aswell go back on fibre 100.

0 Ratings