cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 16

Re: DSLchecker returning different cabinet numbers for telephone number and address

if you are an existing bt customer then phone the options team 0800800030 and see what they say   they are uk based

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
kinthos
Contributor
Message 12 of 16

Re: DSLchecker returning different cabinet numbers for telephone number and address

Might be worth letting the records get updated first.  Not sure how long that takes to happen mind.

BT are sticklers for doing what the system says - so I wouldn't meddle with that (they won't).

--
If I've been helpful (or amused you) - Click the Star under my name. I'm Just another satisfied BT Customer. 😉
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 16

I'd give it a week or two for all of the systems to be updated/aligned and check again.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
papalozarou
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 16

Thanks all.

It appears cabinet 19 is due for upgrade in October (according to CodeLook) so will give it a week and then phone up

0 Ratings
papalozarou
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 16

So this gets a little stranger.

Using CodeLook:

For phone number - says fibre enabled, but history shows from date of May 2014, which is well over a year before I moved into the property, which is new conversion

For cabinet 19 – says field survey, shows locations close to my flat

For cabinet 28 – says fibre enabled, shows locations half mile away from my flat

For postcode – says exchange 114, fibre not available

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 16

Cabinets often serve multiple postcodes, and occasionally, postcodes are served by multiple cabinets. Codelook is ok as a reference point but the data isn't 100% accurate.

The best checker are the BT wholesale DSL checker and the Openreach where and when checker against your telephone number.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings