Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
Message 11 of 36

Re: Daily disconnects and sporadic slow speeds

Go to solution

@imjollywrote:

that is almost 14 days stable so wonder if that is '14 day reset' problem  where hub resets every 14 days ish

Doubt it very much ... There's no such thing, the only time a reset occurs is when DLM needs to re-initiate after an autonemous counter reset in order to establish a better linespeed with the EU, normally early morning 3-5am. But if g.inp is running it suggests no problems anyway. My guess would be a network disturbance or linework/mux or lightning power out/dip
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 12 of 36

Go to solution

@pompey1898 wrote:

Hi @imjolly,

For the first time in a long while I had a disconnection while I was actually using the computer. Annoyingly it happened while I was bidding on ebay so I lost the item.

So as you requested I immediately ran a quiet line test and it was silent.

Does this WAN log give you any ideas what might be causing this please.

09:25:32, 01 Aug. WAN Sensing Auto sensing Complete, interface selected

09:25:32, 01 Aug. WAN Sensing Auto sensing Running
09:25:31, 01 Aug. WAN IPv6 Global unicast prefix / length: 2a00:23c2:6306:1f00::/56
09:25:31, 01 Aug. WAN IPv6 Global unicast address allocated: 2a00:23c2:6306:1f00::1/64
09:25:31, 01 Aug. WAN DHCPv6 events: BOUND
09:25:29, 01 Aug. WAN Sensing Auto sensing Complete, interface selected
09:25:28, 01 Aug. WAN DHCPv6 events: INIT
09:25:26, 01 Aug. WAN Sensing Auto sensing Running
09:25:26, 01 Aug. Success - secondary DNS servers
09:25:26, 01 Aug. Success - primary DNS servers
09:25:26, 01 Aug. WAN connection WAN2_INTERNET_PTM connected
09:25:04, 01 Aug. WAN Auto-sensing detected port DSL WAN
09:25:04, 01 Aug. DSL Link Up: Down Rate=49602kbps, Up Rate=5859kbps; SNR Margin Down=0.0dB, Up=0.0dB
09:22:47, 01 Aug. WAN Sensing Auto sensing Complete, interface selected
09:22:46, 01 Aug. WAN Sensing Auto sensing Running
09:22:46, 01 Aug. WAN Sensing Auto sensing Complete, interface selected
09:22:45, 01 Aug. WAN Sensing Auto sensing Running
09:22:39, 01 Aug. WAN connection WAN2_INTERNET_PTM disconnected.[ERROR_NO_CARRIER]
09:22:26, 01 Aug. DSL Link Down: duration was 19098 seconds

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 36

Go to solution

@RogerB

there are numerous posts about the 14 day reset problem with the hubs  I have suffered the 14 day reset for a while but that has now stopped 

your theory may be correct but from the practical side there is a 14 day reset and it really is about 14 days give or take an hour or so when hub resets but reconnects immediately with same speed and noise margin

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 14 of 36

Go to solution

@imjolly wrote:

that is almost 14 days stable so wonder if that is '14 day reset' problem  where hub resets every 14 days ish

Mine is due for a 14 day reboot today....From current experience it’s 14 days Plus 20 mins each 14 days. So wait so many 14 days increments and we will eventually reach midnight, when noise levels are lower.

Pot luck as to what the noise margins are  at that time. There’s some sense of consistency though.  There’s a slow but gradual improvement. Now approaching 60 Mbps max, with g.inp functioning.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 15 of 36

Go to solution

@imjollywrote:

@RogerB

there are numerous posts about the 14 day reset problem with the hubs  I have suffered the 14 day reset for a while but that has now stopped 

your theory may be correct but from the practical side there is a 14 day reset and it really is about 14 days give or take an hour or so when hub resets but reconnects immediately with same speed and noise margin

As you've gathered by now I don't use BT hubs ... but if that is correct, it seems it would be driven from the hubs own firmware ... maybe to give the EU the best linespeed via an automated reset, rather than anything from the line management side. In fact thinking back to how ADSL2 and plus DLM operates and it being unforgiving once banding comes into operation, it would seem the best way of guaranteeing best EU experience, even though no obvious advantages may be gained (by some) ... as yourself e.g. where the connection is in stable state green. Any changes in margin both up and down would be because of the fresh handshake test tones anyway as the line resets its profile. DLM will only force a reset early morning if a connection is under scrutiny and "reparation" (hopefully) is under way. If say a fibre connection has faltered it enters caution counter mode and timers will invoke 9 hour intervals for reparation (which is supposed to cater for storm problems) and if it still does not improve it keeps adding the interval, the reason why it can take an age to come down. Line conditions are recorded at 15 minute intervals and uploaded to a central once a day, and DLM will act on that information adding interleave first in increments and if the errors continue to rack, margin comes next. By which time its lost its green catergory.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 16 of 36

Go to solution

@Ribblelancswrote:

@imjollywrote:

Mine is due for a 14 day reboot today....From current experience it’s 14 days Plus 20 mins each 14 days. So wait so many 14 days increments and we will eventually reach midnight, when noise levels are lower.

Pot luck as to what the noise margins are  at that time. There’s some sense of consistency though.  There’s a slow but gradual improvement. Now approaching 60 Mbps max, with g.inp functioning.

Noise levels may in most cases be higher at night, influences from continental radio and street lighting, ionospheric radiation etc. the fact you're running g.inp shows your line is in sync with it ... and coping admirably using what interleave its running plus physical layer correction as well. 😉
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 36

Go to solution

this 14 day thing is a fault and annoying more than anything else  as I said having been a sufferer my conenction is rock steady with max 80/20mb speed and noise margin 9.3db+  the 14 day reset just stopped all of a sudden and will probably do the same for the many others that post with the problem

this is vaguery of the hubs not hub and it certainly not any noise on my connection

you can change when the reset happens by resetting like I did about 1am so the 14 day reset happened approx that time and did not interfere with my using the internet

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 18 of 36

Go to solution
If it's definately revolving around the 14 day period ... I doubt it's a fault as such ... more firmware driven, and as stated probably in an effort to improve EU experience for those that have had, or are having banding problems, and thus they don't have to do a restart themselves (some won't understand, and some can't be bothered). It comes as no coincidence that 14 days is roughly the period for ADSL2+ reparation from banding after faltering line problems. (those that have self-repaired) 😉 I'd bet that's what it is .... and it would also relieve DLM algorithm loading seeing as fibre connections don't run on the fly DLM, whereas ADSL systems do. Also (not certain from your post) ... but if yours is running solid but with a 9db margin ... logically speaking you may have been getting it, because it's not at 6 or better? ~ perhaps.
0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 19 of 36

Go to solution

Hi @RogerB, @imjolly, @Ribblelancs,

As you are aware I do not have the technical understanding of you guys.

However, I do not understand where you are coming from with this 14 day issue ?  As posted earlier, I am losing internet connection nearly every day, mainly during the night.  Today I lost connection at 4:04 and then again, as per the WAN log, at 09:25.  The latter was a real problem as I lost an item I was bidding on.

Do I just accept it, or is there something that could be done ? 

PS - A friend has said he has seen a lot of engineers at the cabinets.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 20 of 36

Go to solution
I need to see your linestats to comment ....
0 Ratings