cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ddf
Contributor
Message 1481 of 3,467

Re: Dalkeith Exchange - BT Infinity

had an email from bt offering the hub4 free if i take out 12 mths unlimited broadband for £16 a month + line rental no mention of the fibre in the email however...

0 Ratings
photogenix
Contributor
Message 1482 of 3,467

I got the same email f'n cheeky sods

BT can ram their offer's where the sun don't shine!!

Still no reply from NGA

0 Ratings
williet
Contributor
Message 1483 of 3,467

Very informative map. Makes the topic more interesting.

Should I be surprised that we are not connected to the nearest cabinet. Is it normal and can one get the line changed to improve speed?

We are south east of 45 but connected to 27.

0 Ratings
Puppy59
Expert
Message 1484 of 3,467

Cheers Williet, I think you'll find it is a big fat NO to changing your cab. 😞 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 1485 of 3,467

there is no chance that openreach would change your connection to a different cabinet.  if they did they would be doning nothing but chnaging people from one cabinet to another

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Puppy59
Expert
Message 1486 of 3,467

You could always consider FTTP?  But it will cost between £1k and £2kSmiley Embarassed

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 1487 of 3,467

probably and the rest

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
bonnyrigger
Contributor
Message 1488 of 3,467

Connection has stabilised at 60/18 after a week - better than the 53/15 estimate.

Problems encountered:

1. Audio dropout on all IPTV channels over BT Vision e.g. Sky Sports, Discovery etc - sub 1 sec drop every minute or so, this fixed itslef after a few days - no idea what was causing it.

2. Wireless on HH5 - some 5GHz devices slow down badly/lose connection if you walk through the house with them, we are an old house with thick walls, I might be better just running with the 2.4 Ghz network.

Apart from that no issues - it handles multiple HD streams which would have been impossible with the old HH2 and it's 6.5Mbs, also asked son if any problems with gaming on the PS3 - positive grunt so all OK 🙂

0 Ratings
williet
Contributor
Message 1489 of 3,467

@Puppy59 wrote:

You could always consider FTTP?  But it will cost between £1k and £2kSmiley Embarassed

OK I've considered it, ...

and concluded that FTTC will be fine Smiley Indifferent

0 Ratings
Puppy59
Expert
Message 1490 of 3,467

Thought so! Smiley Wink

0 Ratings