Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dazza616
Aspiring Expert
Message 61 of 3,466

Re: Dalkeith Exchange - BT Infinity

There seems to be a new cabinet off the Edinburgh Road just off Dalkeith High Street.  Given there's not been many other reports it looks like they're only just starting on Dalkeith.

It looks like all of us who live in Bonnyrigg will just have to hope that once they've finished with Dalkeith that they start on Bonnyrigg.  Given the age of the PCP report I'm not too worried as it would make sense to tackle Dalkeith first, then Bonnyrigg, Lasswade and other areas.  However if the next report shows Bonnyrigg being ignored then you've seriously got to question their judjement.  At least if they do ignore Bonnyrigg in this phase then there will be a lot of complaints.

0 Ratings
Don01
Beginner
Message 62 of 3,466

I'm on the Dalkeith exchange EH22 but Im in Danderhall new estate im hoping to get bt infinity where can I check if there will be a new cabinet coming to me 🙂 I have registered in the past for updated but not heard anything. I registered on here today as I've been having connection and speed ploblems. I'll keep a look out for new cabinets 🙂
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 63 of 3,466

you are probably further away from Dalkeith than Bonnyrigg so unlikely they are that far away from the exchnage which is at Eskbank.  Just need to waitSmiley Mad

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sylver123
Expert
Message 64 of 3,466

Going my direction, for me I am expecting after they do dalkeith, then they will

probably do woodburn before they do easthouses where I live.

If this is the way they are doing it, then i'll have a long wait till they reach me

especially if they do intend to do dalkeith first then make their way further out.

Even then, when they do reach easthouses, it's not guaranteed my cabinet will

even be one that gets upgraded. It might be left out for some reason.

I can only hope they do reach easthouses soon, this year fingers crossed or at least

next year some time and most of all, my cabinet gets the upgrade.

0 Ratings
dazza616
Aspiring Expert
Message 65 of 3,466

There seems to be a new cabinet on Newmills / Lauder Road plus the workings for another cabinet. 

Not really sure where most of the cabinets in Dalkeith are but so far I've not spotted any obvious signs of cabinets being deliberately missed. 

The cabinets upgraded so far don't have any ugly white number painted on them so unless they remove it when they start work I've no idea why some cabinets especially in Bonnyrigg were painted.

No sign yet of any April PCP report so it's probably just a case of keeping your fingers crossed.  If they just started installing cabinets in Eskbank around the end of March it could be several months before they get to Bonnyrigg assuming it's on their plans.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 66 of 3,466

here's hoping  crossed fingers.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sylver123
Expert
Message 67 of 3,466

I think too that they are behind doing Dalkeith. You would have thought they would have had a few

cabinets done for when the exchange when live, at least in Dalkeith.

Well that's what I expected anyways.

It looks to me that many of us that don't actually live in Dalkeith are in for a long wait.

0 Ratings
Scummm
Message 68 of 3,466

Well i have it ordred for the 6th june a wee bit unexpected considering i thought it was ment to be june the 30th and i live in woodburn

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 69 of 3,466

the date for the 30th is just a place holding date and can be changed as you have seen
0 Ratings
Gaab
Aspiring Expert
Message 70 of 3,466

more crossing of fingers here from Bonnyrig / polton road. EH18!  Wonder if our councillors or MSPs could do anything to put the squeeze on them getting this far out ><

0 Ratings