cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 91 of 3,466

Re: Dalkeith Exchange - BT Infinity

I had a router reset similar to power cut with the weather but connection came back virtually as before

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sylver123
Expert
Message 92 of 3,466

I usually always sync at around about 5568kbps maximum but now my sync

doesn't seem to be going over the 5280kbps mark.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 93 of 3,466

I am usually 8.3/8.5mb but I am closer to the exchange than you are

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sylver123
Expert
Message 94 of 3,466

What kind of fiber optic speed are you expecting when available?

I am expecting around the 50 Mbps or slightly a bit less.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 95 of 3,466

if we ever get infinity then I would expect a good speed as I am <200mtrs from my cabinet

0 Ratings
Sylver123
Expert
Message 96 of 3,466

I know where my cabinet is but still haven`t got a clue the exact distance I am from it.

Some websites has said to get a estimate of whot speed you might receive with fiber optic,

multiple your current speeds by 12.5 to get an estimate of possible download speeds e.g.

When you have 4 Mbps now suggests a speed of 50 Mbps after the upgrade.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 97 of 3,466

I don't have that problem my cables are overhead from the cabinet so I can see where and how they run to my home

0 Ratings
Sylver123
Expert
Message 98 of 3,466

I was wondering does anybody know if ADSL can work on fiber optic cabling? and would it make any difference if it could?

Also do you think that us the user will ever be allowed to install/replace your own cabling from the house to the pole with

fiber optic cabling in the future or after fibre optic has progressed in the UK, BT might offer service to do this for you for

a fee if you request for it?

0 Ratings
Gaab
Aspiring Expert
Message 99 of 3,466

Don't be surprised if all the engineers are down in London sorting out the networks down there. I'm sure things will speed up after the olympics are over.  Someone from OpenReach mentioned that as a distinct possibility on a previous engineer visit to my house.

BT OpenReach have mentioned previously that it might be possible for householders to purchase FTTP (Fibre to the premises) but the cost would be massive (1-2k!). And you don't HAVE to take out Infinity if you don't want it, so ADSL will still work for those who have it, as far as I know.

I've had consistent troubles on the Dalkeith Exchange for the past month or more (idr exactly, but it's been a while). I have my second engineer visit out today, and apparently they were fixing some problem soemwhere outside my property last week (don't have any verification of this, just BT india).

Seems strange that when they started to install FTTC, more people started having issues. But could easily be a coincidence.

In any case, the lack of investment and interest from Midlothian Council doesn't help either. They should be more interested in this. It's just as important a service to the local area as education, health, public transport, roads, welfare... ! At least, I can help educate my kids with the internet; I don't need to drive anywhere because I can do everything on line; and when I'm not working, and I can keep myself amused with all the great things the internet has to offer.  

0 Ratings
shoot
Contributor
Message 100 of 3,466

After phoning BT and emailing them and searching the net I am no further forward regarding Infinity,Dalkeith exchange says enabled ,Samknows says avaliable in some areas !,I am a EH22 postcode my cabinet is P15 which is Phase 7b,can anyone tell me when I will recieve Infinity its ok saying Dalkeith is enabled but is anyone actually getting it,or is this a paper exercise another box ticked so to speak.If anyone can be of help please do-Thank you

0 Ratings