cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kilfinan
Contributor
Message 21 of 3,467

Re: Dalkeith Exchange - BT Infinity

I've actually taken the plate off and connected directly into the socket behind it so I assume it is not going through any wiring.  We don't have any extensions.

It seems to have settled down at about 800k which is still better than before, but I am completely flummoxed by what has happened.  Why did it shoot up to 1.7mb?

0 Ratings
Kilfinan
Contributor
Message 22 of 3,467

Latest stats

Line state Connected
Connection time 0 days, 0:41:51
Downstream 896 Kbps
Upstream 416 Kbps
ADSL settings
VPI/VCI 0/38
Type PPPoA
Modulation ITU-T G.992.1
Latency type Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up) 16.0 dB / 7.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up) 63.5 dB / 31.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up) 15.6 dBm / 12.2 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local) 11
Loss of Signal (Local) 1
Loss of Power (Local) 0
FEC Errors (Down/Up) 78 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up) 22 / N/A
HEC Errors (Down/Up) N/A / 0
Error Seconds (Local) 19
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 3,467

if you can remain in the test socket for a few days to establish connection is stable and assuming no resets then contact the mods and get your noise margin reset to 6 which should increase your connection speed  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Kilfinan
Contributor
Message 24 of 3,467

Thanks for the advice and link.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 3,467

they normally reply by email or phone directly to you within 72 hours
0 Ratings
Kilfinan
Contributor
Message 26 of 3,467

BT have reset my profile and I am now getting just over a meg which I can live with until Infinity comes along.  Thanks for all your help.

0 Ratings
lee_fife2005
Contributor
Message 27 of 3,467

It may just be an engineer noticing it doesn't have a number on it then putting one on. Good indication of the new infinity is a fibre cabinet placed near the exciting cabinet, bigger shell on exciting cabinet, pavement dug up for the copper tail between cabinets. A new number doesn't necessarily mean that cabinet is getting fibre but you never know.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 3,467

If you read some of the other posts then you will see that numbers are first for infinity and not some engineer deciding to number some cabinets and not others.  I am well aware of what an infinity cabinet will look like and again there are numerous pics on the forum

we will just have to agree to disagree about the numbers - need to see planning applications first which have not been submitted yet

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
lee_fife2005
Contributor
Message 29 of 3,467

I see where you coming from and I don't disagree with the fact that new numbers are being put on for infinity but if I've been working in a cabinet and notice it doesn't have a number on it then I'll put one on, just not wanting to anyone to get excited about cabinets getting new numbers and think they are getting infinity. So yeah let's agree to disagree as you also have a valid point.
0 Ratings
ThisIsMyUsername
Contributor
Message 30 of 3,467

Must have been a bored engineer to put numbers on so many cabinets in such a short space of time.

Stop painting numbers and start doing some work 😛

0 Ratings