cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThisIsMyUsername
Contributor
Message 41 of 3,467

Re: Dalkeith Exchange - BT Infinity

They were inside the cabinet on Burnbrae Road today.  Again, new houses are being built so it coud just be that.

0 Ratings
Sylver123
Expert
Message 42 of 3,467

According to the Openreach Website map and PDF, Dalkeith Exchange is now accepting orders.

0 Ratings
knoxvillain
Contributor
Message 43 of 3,467

Yup 🙂 although when I try to upgrade, it says it's not available to me. Doh. Live in Bonnyrigg
0 Ratings
Sylver123
Expert
Message 44 of 3,467

I find it weird that it now says that when according to this thread, no one around

Dalkeith has seen any work or much work at all getting done with the cabinets.

Now that it says, accepting orders, I take it this means the exchange is now FTTC enabled?

0 Ratings
knoxvillain
Contributor
Message 45 of 3,467

I'm reasonably sure I saw an openreach engineer working on an Infinity cabinet just beside Shorts Garage in Dalkeith. Its the only one I've see so far although in fairness I haven't been making an effort to look for them.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 46 of 3,467

@Sylver123 wrote:

I find it weird that it now says that when according to this thread, no one around

Dalkeith has seen any work or much work at all getting done with the cabinets.

Now that it says, accepting orders, I take it this means the exchange is now FTTC enabled?

Accepting orders means at least one cabinet on the exchange is active and customers connected to that cabinet are able to order.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 47 of 3,467

there are new cabinets and you are correct in there is one just before shorts garage and one at the old bus station.  the only cabinets scheduled for upgrade are using postcode EH22 dalkeith. there is none for EH19 or EH18

new BT cab.jpg  cabinet at shorts garage

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sylver123
Expert
Message 48 of 3,467

Does anybody know whether there is a new FTTC cabinet document available yet?

For my postcode EH224HJ and cabinet number P4, there was no information at all FTTC.

I am sure it was the FTTC desember 2011 document.

I have also looked in the December 2012 document but my postcode isn't listed, cannot be found in that document.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 49 of 3,467

The December 2011 is the most recent as of yet, the April spreadsheet is still to be released as far as we know.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 50 of 3,467

there is a december 2012 spreadsheet

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings