cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dazza616
Aspiring Expert
Message 81 of 3,467

Re: Dalkeith Exchange - BT Infinity

Re EH22 2QH do you know where about your cabinet is ?

Last time I drove up that way I noticed cabinets being worked on on Lauder Road.  Drove up that way today and noticed that the housing estate at Roman Park has a new cabinet and that's not too far away from you.

Unfortunately I've no idea where most of the Dalkeith cabinets are and I wasn't fortunate enough to spot any being worked on.

If anyone sees any cabinets being worked on it would be useful if they could post the location as at least that way we know that they are still in the area.  This would help reduce the concerns that Open Reach might not be upgrading Bonnyrigg etc in this rollout.  I'm still hopeful!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 82 of 3,467

There was 3 openreach vans working at the side Lasswade bridge this afternoon

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
dazza616
Aspiring Expert
Message 83 of 3,467

Probably just normal maintenance but I go home that way so I'll see if I can find any evidence.   

Not exactly where any lasswade cabinets are located and couldn't spot any on street view.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 84 of 3,467

no not a cabinet but a pit in the road just at the bridge

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Kilfinan
Contributor
Message 85 of 3,467

Our speed has dropped from about 1.5 meg to sub 700k.  This happened a couple of weeks ago just after the first set of downpours and gales.

I am trying to get BT to resolve but, although helpful, they are taking their time.

Anyone else experienced a drop in speeds recently?

Kilfinan

0 Ratings
ThisIsMyUsername
Contributor
Message 86 of 3,467

Yeah my speed has dropped recently.  I'm with a different provider in the same exchange and have been told it's only dropping during peak hours even though i ran a script to check speeds and it was the same at 2am.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 87 of 3,467

sorry but I have not had any speed problems and on the same exchange a you are

0 Ratings
Sylver123
Expert
Message 88 of 3,467

I have also noticed a slight decrease in my sync rate and around about 1db increase in

Line Attenuation since the bad downpours and thunder some days ago.

My Noise Margin etc has remained the same at 3db.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 89 of 3,467

so did the bad weather we had cause your router to reset?

0 Ratings
Sylver123
Expert
Message 90 of 3,467

No but I did get about 16 loss of signal errors due to the thunder.

The day after, I manually reboot my router and noticed the sync

rate decrease and 1db Line Attenuation increase.

0 Ratings