Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dungiven
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Data Rate V Maximum data rate

Go to solution

I am on the Superfast Fibre Unlimited package. 55/10. Average about 49Mbps download.
I am less than 95 metres from a new  Combined PCP & FTTC Cabinet  and have confirmed I am connected to it.

I am thinking of moving to the next package up  to avail of higher speeds which I assumed  I would  get as so close to the cabinet.But when I type in my details into BT and other providers it says my line  supports much slower speeds than what I am getting

Typical Download Speed
20Mbps
Maximum Download Speed
32.4Mbps
Minimum Download Speed:
19.31Mbps
Typical Upload Speed:
2.8Mbps

I have attached a snapshot of my technical log from HH6 which I am still using for now but I can see that I believe it says my line can support much higher speeds  so not sure why database is giving wrong info.If I did sign up to the higher package with BT and there was no change in speed  could I downgrade to old package or  am I stuck on new contract? Anyone else experienced this and took a gamble for higher speeds?BTHUBMAXDATARATE.JPG

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Data Rate V Maximum data rate

Go to solution

the stats suggest you are connected to the new combined cab but the dslchecker results look like old cabinet and not undated     have you checked the cab number from dslchecker is new cab   if so looks like checker needs updated

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Dungiven
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

I did  suspect it was still using stats from old cabinet one mile away.I did ring  openreach and was surprised they spoke to me as they usually tell you to go to your ISP but both them and BT say they cannot do anything about the  situation.Had a similar situation 7/8 years ago where my infinity application with BT kept failing as BT and Openreach had conflicting database information about my line.I can confirm DSL checker shows the correct cabinet number I am connected to.dslchecker.JPG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

The checker is just a guesstimate even when using correct data. Your hub stats are accurate and indicate that you will definitely be able to get 80/20.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

There was a post similar you yours recently and mods were able to help get checker corrected so have asked mods to see if they can help you. They will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Dungiven
Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Thank you. Help is much appreciated. Looks like not much of a gamble after all but still be great to get it corrected.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @imjolly that case is still ongoing and it's proving to be quite difficult getting this updated for the other forum member you've mentioned. @JohnC2 is managing that case and I'll chat him to him tomorrow to see if there is a process we can follow before taking any more of these on.

@Dungiven I can confirm that the info that's already been mentioned on the thread is correct and the checker results are an estimate and won't stop you upgrading, your router stats show your line is more than capable of being on the 80/20 profile. If you have any bother upgrading post back and let me know.

0 Ratings
Dungiven
Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply. I understand you are saying it is not straight forward to get line stats updated for new cabinet.I will hold off upgrading though as prefer it was fixed in the unlikely case there was a  speed issue then it could prove tricky to be resolved if still showing the wrong current line stats.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

@Dungiven I understand, what's the guaranteed speed being given when you start the order journey on BT.com? 

0 Ratings
Dungiven
Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Your download speed range 18Mb - 29Mb
Upload speed range 3Mb - 5Mb
Your Stay Fast Guarantee 17Mb

Hope this helps.

0 Ratings