Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Storm_Force
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 8

Data rate capped?

Go to solution

Earlier in the year I had numerous problems with my broadband speed, several engineer trips later and being moved to a new pair of wires back to the cabinet seems to have helped.

One thing I have noticed is that my data rate seems to be capped and never goes above the figures shown in attachment ( its always has the same rate even when reconnected)  I was hoping it would sort itself out but no luck. I did ring the helpline but they hadn't a clue what I was going on about.

Can this be reset?Hub stats.png

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Data rate capped?

Go to solution

DLM can be quite stubborn and take several weeks to remove banding which your line appears to suffer from. How long has it been stuck at 25M?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

your connection time is only 5 days is that due to manual reset or router dropping connection  DLM will only improve speed with stable connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Storm_Force
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Yeah we had a power cut that's why it been 5 days, its probably been around two months since the data rate has been the same.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Storm_Force  welcome back and sorry the rate is still capped. I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team and we will be happy to help you further. 
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Storm_Force
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

I have replied to the pm, thank you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Storm_Force
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Dear Mod Team,

Sorry I missed you call, just to let you know it appears the cap has been lifted so thanks very much for sorting this out for me.

Regards

Gavin

21 June 19.png

Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Storm_Force  thanks for posting back and glad to hear the cap has been lifted for you. Unless there is anything else you need me to help you with I will close the case.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings