cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Database weirdness - can't order fibre for address

Go to solution

Hi all,

I'm trying to order fibre to replace the slow ADSL broadband to our address. Comparison services such as USwitch show that fibre is an option for our address however when we order it we get an apologetic phone call a few days later saying its not available after all. I can see the fibre cabinet from the back window and know its number.

Looking at the cabinet number on telecom-tarriffs.co.uk it states that the road  is covered by fibre and had been since 2017:

TQ14 8HD Bitton Avenue Teignmouth, Devon 95m ADSL ADSL2+ FTTC Available from 22nd December 2017 20% area up to 30MB, 79% area less than 30MB P35 100% area

Can anyone shed any light as to why this problem exists?

Thanks in advance

Chris

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Database weirdness - can't order fibre for address

Go to solution

if you are a BT broadband customer then enter your phone number and post results

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi,

Not current a customer as can't switch over. I used the address lookup function on that site instead of the existing number.

ptp170_0-1605454107805.png

Thanks

Chris

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

the address is not as accurate as the phone number but you can see cab is fibre enabled but there is a waiting list hence why you cannot order fibre  you need to keep checking the dslchecker and place order when available

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.