cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hoysey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

December can't come quick enough!!

Roll on December when I am finally free from this god awful contract, I have BT infinity 2 and for the first 12 months it was fine, maxing out my line speed every time.

Yet all of a sudden after going from downloading at 8Mb/s I've dropped to 4Mb/s, I phoned BT who have basically fobbed me off and said the problem must lie at with my computer, which is strange as I have taken my Mac to my nextdoor neighbours house and downloaded no problems at 8Mb/s, yet they still say this isn't their problem.

I am past caring now, and with only 2 months to go I'm counting down the days to when I can phone them up and tell them to shove their useless rip off service!!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: December an't come quick enough!!

As you've ruled out the PC, you should now check your IP profile.
You can get that by running http://speedtest.btwholesale.com and going on to do the Further Diagnostics.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
hoysey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

already done that, and everything is fine, which means the issue is with the router or openreach box, but trying to expain that to somebody in India who barely has a grasp of the English language, never mind technical issues is impossible, and nor do they care.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

How do you mean "fine"?

What are you trying to explain to someone in India?

You can rule out the Homehub by trying a direct connection of the modem to the PC.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

are you connecting by wireless to your hub by any chance?? if so download inssider and use it to locate a clear wireless channel you could also try updating your wireless card drivers
0 Ratings
hoysey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

nope I never use wifi for my main comp, direct connection only

0 Ratings