cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Degraded speed due to new cab activation

Hi,

Really need some proper help and support. On the 21st Feb Openreach activated a new cabinet at the bottom of our road. This cabinet was to improve our speed but instead has resulted in my speed and that of the other houses in my development being degraded to approximately 1/6 it’s original value and well below the Minimum Guaranteed Line Access Speed for my line.

After multiple calls, web chats and engineer visits both to my property and that of my neighbors, it’s finally been established that due to the way the new cab has been connected our speeds are stuck at this level 2mb instead of 13mb. MGLAS of 10mb.

I’ve been told by the OR engineer that they recommended that we be migrated to the new cab or have a cease and reprovide done to solve the issue.

But BT will not do this. It’s outrageous that a whole park can have its connection destroyed and there be no consequences or reaction from those responsible to fix this.

What information do you require to look into this and get this resolved for ALL of us?

Please help it’s completely unfair to have put us in this position and expect us to continue paying for a service we’re not getting. I’m out a fortune on mobile broadband charges trying to cover the families needs for Xbox updates, YouTube, Fortnite Netflix etc
Tags (2)
0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: Degraded speed due to new cab activation

Can you enter your phone number and post results remember delete number https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm Can you post stats from your router It is not BT Retail ISP who decides how your connection is made and to which cabinet it is openreach contrary to what the openreach engineer told you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 19

Hi imjolly,

Thanks for the reply.

Hopefully you can see this https://imgur.com/a/ojI5c
0 Ratings
Sage
Message 4 of 19

We can see it though it would have been better to upload it here.

Now the stats from your hub please.

HH5 Troubleshooting /Helpdesk.

HH6 Advanced Settings/Technicaly log.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 19

As I’m on my phone I couldn’t see any other way to do that, sorry

The stats from the technical log are the second image in that link?

These show the modulation G_993_2_ANNEX_B etc?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 19

your speed is well below estimate from checker

have you tried conencting to the test socket with a filter to see if that improves your conenction speed 

test-socket-thumb.jpgtest socket.jpg

test socket shown by black arrow

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sage
Message 7 of 19

My bad, didn't look that far that's why it's always best to post images here. No need to go "off site" then.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 19

No worries, I could figure any other way to post them 😊
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 19

Yes all these checks have been done, multiple engineers have visited, my issue and that which is affecting all my neighbours is that the new cabinet was activated, we weren’t included in the migration and because of whatever way it’s linked up it’s butchered speeds to the whole park.

The engineers have advised we be migrated as a matter or urgency or failing that get a cease and reprovide done to resolve.

Despite these clear cut solutions BT won’t seemingly do either, blaming BT Wholesale, Openreach or whoever.

Ultimately I don’t care who fixes what. I just want advice on how to get this sorted.

Can you ask a mod to look into this for me?
0 Ratings
Sage
Message 10 of 19

Done.