cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: Delay after delay after delay

As the order has not been completed there is no need for a deadlock letter, just cancel the order yourself.

A deadlock letter if for those already in a contract, you are not at that stage yet.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

I have been i cannot fault the team its the background order and delivery managment system to open reach and how they communicate as you said before needs to improve. Its not the poor girls fault or men on the phone or the lads who come out
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

A deadlock letter is in relation to their inability to provide a service. I have several emails saying ‘you’re good to go’. I have been tied to a contract with BT for months now, being told at every turn that I will be connected to just be delayed further. I would have gone to another provider immediately if I was told that they were not able to provide the service. But they promised that they could and they haven’t. The deadlock letter is to provide a timeframe for them to correct the issue they have created. It is them accepting responsibility for the issue by agreeing to a deadlock letter, which gives them a strict timeline to solve this issue before we are able to involve an ombudsman and OFCOM.

If the argument is that I was never tied to a contract, then is the promise of an order being fulfilled not being tied to a contract in itself? Also I did receive a bill at one point for the service which I had not been delivered, meaning the order had been confirmed and completed to such a degree within their system that the billing process had begun.

We just got off the phone and were informed a manager would be calling us before 8pm today. 

We are now at a total of 10 and a half hours on the phone to their customer service advisors. We threatened a deadlock previously and were asked to give them a second chance. We did so. They have once again cancelled our order and replaced it with a new one putting us at the beginning of the process again. Lip service, swings and roundabouts.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 19

Until the order is fulfilled you are not tied into a contract and can cancel at any time. It is as simple as that. I did advise you to contact the FTTP team who have dealt with FTTP installs from the very beginning, you never confirmed if that was who you were dealing with.

It is up to you where you go from here, THB I could not care less as I am not a BT employee, I'm not even a BT customer. Any advice I provide is entirely from a customer point of view. Where you go from here is entirely up to you but you cannot get a deadlock letter for a contract that does not exist.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

Hi @LastChanceSaloon  some time has passed, any update? Im asking since im in similar position.

They gave me 3mb copper broadband instead while im waiting for constantly delayed fttp.. And they say they cannot give me fttc which is arouns 30-40 in my area instead ehile having fttp order.

Im thinking about canceling fttp order and getting fttc instead.. But im being promised every 8 days that openreach will do their job.. 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

I feel for u have had four appointments dates changed, thankfully im with virgin at the min, i am just wondering if I have made the correct choice moving to bt. The only reason I started the move was virgin call centers virgin business line has had not a single fault during covid and hats off to them, But they will need to do the 1gb soon. I am giving bt one last chance the appointment on the 28th which they have confirmed with open reach, the cable has been sitting out my front porch for the last six weeks cause open reach couldn't retain the appointment till the next morning. If they miss the 28th appointment i will be cancelling the order in full.

This has now been promised at the scenior level but I am not holding my breath as so much messing about get this the appointmnet was 7th August then when i complained that was a month after my install they shafted me and moved it to 28th august
Message 17 of 19

Thanks for an update @david39ni. Hope they will sort it out for you.

I talked to them again yesterday (hate it after so many times explaining each agent the same thing...) and apparently to order fttc insted I have to first cancel fttp order and wait 5 working days for closure of miserable 3mb copper they gave me. So now I cancelled and have to literally wait to place another order with them, redicilus. The only alternative in my location is sky.. But then I wont be able to have fttp in a long run being bonded by 18th contract with sky..

I really dont understand why this has to be so nerve-wracking.. Maybe if there will be more alternatives to openreach there will be some customer market. It feels lile a proper broadband in this country is some kind of lexury...

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

I agree well I am givng them the 28th as the last appointment and if not I will just be staying with virgin its a joke cause the cable is actually outside my porch.

They clam it is confirmed now and when i look in my portal it says confirmed this time which is different to before but a whole month wait during this times as u say its plays on nervs. 

If they miss this one I will defo be cancelling.

david39ni_0-1597871959639.png

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

Good morning everyone, sorry for the lack of an update until now.

We had an appointment for today. Just checked my order online and they have delayed my installation again to the 26th.

We have been informed that we need someone to reprogram the internal white box and that is it.

Deadlock was entered on the same day of me writing this post, meaning they have 28 days from the 31/06/2020 to get this fixed. Considering the new appointment is for 26/07/2020 I’ve got a feeling we will be going to OFCOM very shortly.

0 Ratings