cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
w1sup
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Delay in Fibre Installation.

Ordered Superfast Fibre Unlimited on 27th August, Openreach engineer appointment scheduled for 24th September to complete internal works cancelled, second appointment scheduled for 26th engineer didn't arrive, rescheduled for 4th October. Called BT to confirm appointment was still on as I didn't want to waste another afternoon, only to be told no record of a planned scheduled appointment ( I have a confirmation text).

I have no Internet since BT took over the line on 27th, Internet is needed as a lifeline for a disabled resident. Need to get Fibre installation completed urgently seriously thinking of cancelling and going back to my previous provider.

Definetly wouldn't recommend BT on this evidence.
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Delay in Fibre Installation.

does your phoneline work?

are you moving from SKY to BT?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
w1sup
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Phone line works fine, switched from TalkTalk
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

if now with BT for phone can you enter the number and post results  remember delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
w1sup
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Number on Exchange CAMBORNE is served by Cabinet 6

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)WBC FTTP Availability DateFTTP Install Process ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date Left in JumperOther Offerings     Availability Date   Premise environmentStatus
WBC FTTPUpto 1000Upto 220--Available2 Stage-- 
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 6--3 to 9Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 6Up to 13 to 9Available---- 
ADSL MaxUp to 4.5--2.5 to 7.5Available---- 
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available---- 
Fixed Rate2----Available---- 
VDSL Multicast------Available---- 
ADSL Multicast------Available---- 
Bridge TapU      
VRI--      
NTEFaceplate--      
Last Test Date--      

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:- Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Feed with no anticipated issues.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line is on a Market B Exchange.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Oct-2012; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Jun-2014.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number, NAD, UPRN or Access Line ID (ALID) check.

Note: If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service.

Thank you for your interest.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

as this is FTTP not FTTC you need to contact the dedicated FTTP team on 08005874787  unfortunately the mods on here cannot help

0 Ratings
w1sup
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Surely imjolly this should already be identified and fttp aware of what is required

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

everything to do with FTTP is dealt with by the FTTP team  I know transferring to FTTP is more complicated than the normal FTTC transfer

0 Ratings
w1sup
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Complaint Escalation

Can someone provide me with a email address so that I can escalate my ongoing issue reference VOL013-*********. I am absolutely fuming that everyday I get a bog standard email telling me that you are looking into my complaint but I am told nothing promised phone calls never happen.

I ordered Superfast fibre, landline and mobile on 27/08/18 still no broadband installation despite Open reach knowing there is an ongoing issue since 10 September.

Switched from a supplier just for fibre very close to switching back.

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 11

Re: Complaint Escalation

Hi @w1sup

As mentioned on your previous post, you need to discuss this with the FTTP team.

But you can make a complaint by filling in BT Make a complaint 

However please can you edit your VOL number from the post as this is personal to you and should not be shared.

0 Ratings