cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaded2016
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Delayed Infinity Order

I have just moved house where the BT landline exists and the previous resident used BT borad band. BT have mislead me, given me false information obsficated and frankly to be mendacious.   I ordered BT infinity to include broadband 28th April 16 with the reassurance broadband would be activated 5th May.  After literally hours on the phone, being passed from department to department fobbed off ripped off, (I am paying for a service I have yet to receive) and Peed off I have just been told my broadband will not be functioning until 14th June!  Totally unacceptable, my 11 year old is unable to do his homework and was in tears last night.  I am waiting for a manager to call me back but given Bt's present form I expect I will be dissapointed again.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Delayed Infinity Order

Hi @Jaded2016,

I hope your telephone line is working ok. I'm sorry to hear your Infinity order has been delayed and there's nothing that we can do until the 14th of June. Hopefully the Manager will call you with an update.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Jaded2016
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Well I was promised a call back from a manager by 3.00pm quel suprise no call has been received what nsult to injury and a stark illustration of how little regard BT have for their customers as well as their once highly regarded reputation.  I went with BT due to their  good name but what a mistake that has been.  i will never recommend BT as i have been treated with contempt. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

@Jaded2016,

If you will allow us a few days, my team will be able to pick this up and find out what's happening for you. We're the mods here. You can get in touch with us by clicking on my username and then on contact the mods.

Thank you

DanielS

0 Ratings
Jaded2016
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

I am aware of what the problem is..... according to bt. I do not require another rendition of the explanation thank you I need to provide me with the service I am paying for and to uphold their end of our contract. If BT are to be believed there is no capacity in the 'box' and, it will take until 14 JUNE to rectify this problem. I find this hard to believe on two counts firstly: the lack of capacity of the box. there is apparently no room, yet the previous occupier a BT customer moved out very recently and I moved in, secondly that there is no way my connection can be made good until 14th June. Is BT seriously expecting me to consider it is acceptable to renege on our original agreement (5th May) by 40 days? If this is the truth then how do BT continue to trade if they haven't got an engineer that can rectify the problem in a timely way? I have been unable to attend to my banking, set up utilities, work from home and my son has been unable to log on to his school homework site to collect his prep. By the way he was in tears of frustration yesterday evening as he could not complete his prep. I have notified his school the problem is with BT abysmal customer service and it is not his fault. Rather unsurprisingly staff members and parents of his friends have confirmed to me this is not a one off aberration, BT have form for disgusting service.

0 Ratings
Jaded2016
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

No call from a manager as promised.  I want my money back and in addititon compensation for the expense i have incurred by having to use my mobile phone to set up utilities, change addresses, direct debits etc.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Hi @Jaded2016,

I am sorry that the manager hasn't called you back as promised. If you send me in your details as @DanielS has posted, we'll be able to take a look at what is happening with your complaint.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings